Koodo Community

account deactivated despite having automatic topups

• 21 December 2018
  • 3 replies

I have a plan for my son. I set it all up and set it up for automatic topups. The phone I gave him wasn't working properly, so he wasn't using it. I just left it be. I just got a new phone for him and tested the phone and nothing works. I logged on and it says my account is suspended because not enough funds. Isn't automatic topups supposed to look after that? Payment info looks right, says I am on automatic topup, but it stopped automatically topping up a couple months ago and suspended my account. I have now reactivated (luckily in time before losing my number), and it says I am still on automatic topups... now I am worried it will suspend again next time a payment is due. Any ideas?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
That sounds odd. Did the automatic topups work for you before?

Can you show us a screenshot of the page that says automatic topups is on (minus any personal info)?

EDIT: Did you set the dollar value for the auto-topup so that it is enough to cover the baseplan?
https://www.koodomobile.com/help/topping-your-prepaid-account
Yes topup worked a couple times until September. I am not sure about posting a screen shot, but it specifically said you are on automatic topups, so saving 10% and I was off my first payments. For now, I deactivated and then went in and activated it again. My dollar value was for $15, which is what my base plan is
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Yes topup worked a couple times until September. I am not sure about posting a screen shot, but it specifically said you are on automatic topups, so saving 10% and I was off my first payments. For now, I deactivated and then went in and activated it again. My dollar value was for $15, which is what my base plan is
Ok. Give that a try and let us know if it stops on its own again