Koodo Community
Solved

ACCOUNT CANCELATION PROBLEM

I have been trying for several months to cancel my account, when I try to use chat I get nowhere, I never get a callback, I even contacted a dealer who said that they sent in a request to have some one call me back, If anyone has any way that I can get SOMEBODY at KOODO to contact me let me know at pdg37E@sunraybase.ca

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 3 July 2020, 22:40

Who can help, trying to cancel, nothing opened, now refusing to pay bill have been trying to cancel since, feb, is there a phone number someone to talk to I keep saying go to self service but can not recall pin number have everything else 

Go to koodo.com/chat

Say “cancel account”

Confirm that you want to cancel your account

You will be able to schedule a callback.

As stated above, make sure you haven't blocked calls from koodo or they won't be able to get through.

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Have you, perchance, checked your phone to see if you have blocked calls from 1-866-995-6636? That's typically the reason why people fail to receive callbacks.

Who can help, trying to cancel, nothing opened, now refusing to pay bill have been trying to cancel since, feb, is there a phone number someone to talk to I keep saying go to self service but can not recall pin number have everything else 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Go to koodo.com/chat

Say “cancel account”

Confirm that you want to cancel your account

You will be able to schedule a callback.

As stated above, make sure you haven't blocked calls from koodo or they won't be able to get through.

i am not using the phone at all so i can leave my home number

is there a phone number a person can call and talk to anyone, remind me never to ever sign up with Koodo again

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

i am not using the phone at all so i can leave my home number

You can leave any number you like, as long as you haven't blocked calls from koodo.

ok

All advice from Koodo personnell on cancelling my number are so far misleading. When I click “chat” it redirects me to sales and options, no one is available to chat. When requesting a call back by calling 18669956636 I get call back but then Koodo keeps me on hold and eventually THEY hang up (some callback...). I went to Koodo store in person yesterday (1.5 hr drive one way) only to be told that Koodo reps have no power to cancel a number/any services (what are they for, then?). Basically Koodo keeps collecting my money for services they do not provide and makes it impossible to cancel services. Normally this would be called fraud.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi Christopher,

You can send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter and one my colleagues will contact you.

Regards,

Helen

Helen thats not true is it ?  I have an account with Koodo and had a problem on my last bill when Koodo charged  3 times on the same bill for data top up that was not needed. I went online I have a user name and password and tried to settle the issue online with the chat agent (virtual) as this went no where I had to request a call back. I spoke to an agent and explained the problem with the bill. They asked for a PIN number which I never had.  I then asked if they needed something I never had how do I go about getting one. The Agent then asked for very personal detail one being my Social Insurance Number. As this is tantamount to data theft  I did not give it.  As I have already wasted untold hours trying to settle this issue I decided to cancel the account. But guess what they will not do that either. I have reported the issue to the Wireless complaints division who are supposed to get in touch with Koodo. Would be a lot simpler if Koodo sorted out their own mistake and not demand sensitive personal identification.  At time of writing I have got absolutely nowhere with them.  Any ideas

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Helen thats not true is it ?  I have an account with Koodo and had a problem on my last bill when Koodo charged  3 times on the same bill for data top up that was not needed. I went online I have a user name and password and tried to settle the issue online with the chat agent (virtual) as this went no where I had to request a call back. I spoke to an agent and explained the problem with the bill. They asked for a PIN number which I never had.  I then asked if they needed something I never had how do I go about getting one. The Agent then asked for very personal detail one being my Social Insurance Number. As this is tantamount to data theft  I did not give it.  As I have already wasted untold hours trying to settle this issue I decided to cancel the account. But guess what they will not do that either. I have reported the issue to the Wireless complaints division who are supposed to get in touch with Koodo. Would be a lot simpler if Koodo sorted out their own mistake and not demand sensitive personal identification.  At time of writing I have got absolutely nowhere with them.  Any ideas

If the Koodo rep asked you to confirm your sin number that means they already have it on file because you provided it when you signed up for service. Apparently you didn't have an issue providing sensitive personal information at that time. For security reasons they can't discuss account related information with you unless they confirm your identity. Typically this is done using a 4-6 digit pin number that you set up at the time you activate the account. Since, by your own admission, you were not able to provide this pin, the only way to confirm your identity is by comparing information you provide to the information on the account. If you refuse to provide this information they can't secure your account. The only other option would be to visit a koodo kiosk with photo id so they can confirm your identity that way.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Crispin,

Just like Timo said, we already have this information in our system. If a customer cannot provide us the PIN (personal identification number), we must ask these security questions in order to confirm his identity and to protect his personal information. Customer privacy and security is our top priority, which is why our authentication processes must be followed in all interactions, otherwise, there can be serious consequences to our customers. 

All the best,

Helen

So what you are saying is that Koodo have personal identification details like your SIN on file and available to any of their chat room personnel. I have an online Koodo account which requires a user name and password where I can access my Koodo account so why can I not ask a question about my account on there without giving out sensitive personal information like a SIN which could be used for identity theft.   I have numerous online accounts and none of them ask me for sensitive personal ID.  

Are you saying that the web access to your account on Koodo is not secure ? 

And why if someone wants to cancel an account is that a security risk ?  really !

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes. I wouldn't want my account to be closed by a stranger.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So what you are saying is that Koodo have personal identification details like your SIN on file and available to any of their chat room personnel. I have an online Koodo account which requires a user name and password where I can access my Koodo account so why can I not ask a question about my account on there without giving out sensitive personal information like a SIN which could be used for identity theft.   I have numerous online accounts and none of them ask me for sensitive personal ID.  

Are you saying that the web access to your account on Koodo is not secure ? 

And why if someone wants to cancel an account is that a security risk ?  really !

Any information provided by customers is safeguarded per our legal guidelines, privacy and security requirements: https://www.koodomobile.com/legal 

Without divulging fraud prevention methods, I can assure you that reps do not have access to personal information like your SIN, but questions related to it and other personal details would  be requested if you’re unable to meet other authentication requirements.

Edit: Apologies, missed the last part of your post.
Access to Self Serve is indeed secure and can work as an authentication method if you contact us via Facebook or Twitter. Note that while we can assist with inquiries about your account/service through social, we can’t process a cancellation.