Koodo Community

Community

Question

account active but can't receive text or send text

On prepaid, set up for Automatic Top Ups, but the account went Inactive.  It took the payment, and now show active but can't send or receive text. Turn phone on and off a few times, Airplane mode.  Nothing.  Need to have this fixed ASAP please! 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you still having this issue?
Yes!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you tried to enable SMS and MMS in your message settings?
Go to Settings --> Messages --> Send as SMS (turn on), MMS messaging (turn on)
Still nothing!  It's been four days and no ability to text or receive/send calls!!!!! Am I paying for this?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jhtrainingservices wrote:

Still nothing!  It's been four days and no ability to text or receive/send calls!!!!! Am I p...

I thought you had troubles with SMS/MMS only. But you said you couldn't do anything, then either the account or SIM issue.

Did the SIM work before? or it was a new SIM?
Was working great. Shows that it's on the Koodo network but does not receive or send text or phone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
jhtrainingservices wrote:

Was working great. Shows that it's on the Koodo network but does not receive or send text or pho...

Have you tried to reset network settings? take the SIM out and test with another phone?
If all was done but didn't work then you have to contact Koodo directly to ask the status of the number on network.
I have the same problem. I switched from Rogers on Sunday and can't send or receive txt either can my sister who switched from. Virgin
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Gurvir Sahota wrote:

I have the same problem. I switched from Rogers on Sunday and can't send or receive txt either ca...

If you are new, and porting numbers to Koodo, It could take some time as they seemed to have some backlog right now. I would suggest you restart the phone after a few hours, and/or contact Koodo porting team tomorrow.