Koodo Community

Community

Solved

About iPhones and my bill

Hello! I have a CAN Data 300MB 300 min Plan at Koodo. I am only living in Canada until the end of December, but I am interested in changing my iPhone 4 to a brand new iPhone 6 while I am here. The simcards are however different and that is what I'm wondering: can I change my simcard into a nano simcard at Koodo without getting a Tab Plan which would lock my phone for a certain period of time? Is it possible? And also another question: how do I end my plan? I'm not gonna be in Canada after December 30th so I don't need a canadian phone plan after that, either. 🙂 Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you buy a new phone from a Koodo kiosk they automatically come with a sim card for free. Also you can buy the phone without a tab, [b]however, if you get it with a tab medium you can save $75 compared to buying it directly from Apple. Even after the $35 unlocking fee, it's still a $40 savings. And when you buy it on tab, you are never locked in. You can pay off the remaining tab on the phone at anytime. To cancel your plan, you have to call koodo. *611 on your koodo cell, it's a free call.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
*Assuming a $40 plan Scenario - Buy the iphone 6 from Koodo iPhone 6 Upfront costs: $775 + tax Unlock Fee: $35 + tax Plan with 10% off No Tab discount: (($40 - $40x10%) + tax ) x 4 months [b]Total cost by Dec.30 = $954 + Tax Scenario - Buy the iphone 6 from Apple iPhone 6 Upfront costs: $749 + tax Plan with 10% off No Tab discount: (($40 - $40x10%) + tax ) x 4 months [b]Total cost by Dec.30 = $893 + Tax Scenario - Buy the iphone 6 from Koodo on Tab M iPhone 6 Upfront costs: $375 + tax Unlock Fee: $35 + tax Plan with Tab M monthly Charge: (($40 + $5) + tax ) x 4 months Remaining Tab to Pay When Canceling: ($300 -5x4months - .$40x15%x4months) + Tax [b]Total cost by Dec.30 = $846 + Tax EDIT: Sorry I keep updating but I forgot to remove the $5 tab charge from the tab. It looks even better on Tab M now