Koodo Community

Community

70 minutes on hold for phone unlocking instructions via email, never received email

I just spent the last hour and ten minutes on hold to have my iPhone SE unlocked, as it can't be done in-store. The rep said she would email me instructions, and we repeated the email back to each other several times (firstnamelastname@xyz.com, simple - also no, it's not in my junk folder).

I haven't received the email, and it's been 30 minutes.

I spent 70 minutes of both my time and of my any time minutes for the month, in addition to Koodo's $10 customer service charge, and I'm no closer to unlocking my phone.

I'm not sure how to proceed at this point. I would call back and wait on hold another hour+, as ridiculous as that is, but I don't want to lose more minutes and money. How should I proceed here? I leave the country on Sunday in the early morning, so it's somewhat urgent. Before today I had been trying to call Koodo for several days but I couldn't even get on hold/in the queue. I see others have had similar issues with getting in contact with Koodo.

Thanks for your time and help

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Connect your iPhone to your computer and do a full backup and restore of the phone. Alternatively, you should also be able to simply insert a non koodo sim card and complete the setup again to complete the unlock.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Connect your iPhone to your computer and do a full backup and restore of the phone. Alternativel...

So that's it? I didn't actually need to contact Koodo?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Connect your iPhone to your computer and do a full backup and restore of the phone. Alternativel...

Koodo needs to set the phone as unlocked on Apple's database, which they won't do until you request it. Once that is done, all that is required to compete the unlock is to follow the instructions I've provided.
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

I see, so presumably/hopefully the person I talked to did that and was just emailing me the same iPhone specific instructions you've shared. Thanks for your help, Timo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
More details here: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201328