Community

Solved

64 SE Sale Scam?

15 replies

Userlevel 6
what scam are you talking about?
Jru Gordon wrote:

Trying to upgrade my phone, I have two subscriptions, sale price disappears when I switch to line that already qualifies with a monthly minimum of $40 .. switch to $28 monthly phone I have sale price reappears but would force you to upgrade plan, switch back to $40 monthly phone , poof sale price is gone , seems like the same type of thing air miles was trying to pull , hiding something for certain customers... fyi if I use direct sale link and do it that way it half works by adding to cart for the line with $40 and takes me to checkout but gives me "whoops, try again" error .. phoned but after an hour no luck, gave me phone number to call after Christmas ...
Jru Gordon wrote:

.. strange, my original post didn't add description and wont let me go back to add it, but it did allow my to put it in a reply ...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

Certain plans and promos are only available on certain tabs. So if you switch back to one line and the price/promo is gone, that most likely shows that your on a tab that doesn't qualify for that plan.
Jru Gordon wrote:

? Can you expand on that? The promo is you need to put $360 on a medium tab , neither phone or subscription I have now has a tab balance, so this shouldn't matter , or am I missing the point ? If so please help me understand. Both subs I have use a $360 tab balance when I try this phone with direct link , but that promo simply does not show up when I use my phone with my $40 plan, the sale price is hidden ....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

"sale price disappears" - Is this mean the activation credit disappears when you add a phone onto your $40 plan? 

I just tried add phone on my 2 plan (one with over $40 and another one under $40) through my self serve and they both showed activation credit. And yes, it's trying to force me to upgrade plan on under $40 plan.

Try clearing your browsing history/cache and log into self serve again.
Or you can try through different browsers...

Jru Gordon wrote:

Tried two browsers, cleared cache, etc, that was part of my 1 hour phone call with koodo, the activation credit shows for both if I use direct link and all looks good until i try to check out, then get an error, if I don't use direct link is where sale price get's hidden, if I'm logged in and shop phones my $28 phone shows the phone available for $0 plus $360 tab (sale price), switch to my $40 plan phone that sale is hidden and the phone shows up for $504 retail, no sale, no tab etc .. So in effect ,available for existing lines, not only new customers but someone has decided if a customer already has a qualifying $40 plan let's hide the sale price and only give it to the ones we can force to upgrade a plan .. that's the part that bugs me and is the kind of logic that got air miles in trouble ....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

I don't think Koodo purposely doing this.  It's clearly system glitch.
Were you able to get this phone with activation credit while you are on the phone with rep?
Jru Gordon wrote:

Nope. Tried all the clear cache , change browser stuff said had no idea why it doesn't work. Said the online order dept that might be able to help is off until 3pm Tuesday and gave me their number and said try then. If it was just one glitch I could understand , but it's both online store which hides the price the one way , but even if I use the direct link ,add to cart then log in it allows me to add to cart at sale price, but then when sending the orders from cart gives me a "whoops" error every time
Userlevel 6
Jru Gordon wrote:

Try going into a store (Koodo Corporate or a MultiBrand like The Mobile Shop) and see if you can do the upgrade there.
Userlevel 6
Jru Gordon wrote:

Try going into a store (Koodo Corporate or a MultiBrand like The Mobile Shop) and see if you can do the upgrade there.
Jru Gordon wrote:

Live 2 hours away from a corporate store, sigh , tried the phone number the help desk gave me for online order help and its says number not available , it was (844) 536-6697 , any one have an idea of what it should have been maybe?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jru Gordon wrote:

From the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page:

Koodo Webstore:If you need assistance with an order you placed online at koodomobile.com, contact the Koodo Webstore team at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com or 1-844 5[b]66-[b]3697. Please have your order number handy.
Hours of Operation:
  • Tuesday to Friday: 3pm to 9pm EST
Jru Gordon wrote:

Ended up driving to a physical store, didn't have phone in stock but bringing one in from other store, looks like they managed to push it through on their system as my tab balance has been updated ... will give final update once I physically have new phone in my hands ...
Jru Gordon wrote:

Ok, here is the update.

Looks like it is a bizarre koodo webstore glitch, store hides the sale price if you have an existing plan of $40 or more that qualifies existing customers for the sale price, it does show the sale price if your plan is less than $40 and you are required to upgrade, never did find anyone that could explain why that is happening ...  I ended up going to a physical store, they didn't have the Rose Gold I needed but said they could transfer one from another store, and would process once they did, sure enough they got it the phone, updated my tab at the sale price on existing line .. when I got to store all I had to do was sign as all the paperwork was done so if they ended up having to do something special once they got the phone to push it through because of the glitch I am afraid I don't have that info .. however it definitely is possible and can be done ...