Koodo Community

Community

$60 for 10GB... Impossible with Koodo?

I am a current Koodo customer. I currently pay $60 for 4GB and do not have a device balance. I would like to take advantage of the new plan of $60 for 10GB. I have called hundreds of times. Last night I waited on hold for 2 hours, only to be kicked off by an automated message that said "we're sorry, we cannot take your call at this time, goodbye". This morning the same thing happened after 2 hours. 2 hours and 6 minutes to be exact. Why is this so difficult????? Has anyone had any luck with Koodo or can anyone give some feedback? Friends of mine that are with Telus, Fido, and Rogers have all been successful, so I am tempted to leave Koodo and head to another carrier that can help. This is crazy!

29 replies

I got it last night , calling all day but finally got through was on hold for about 2.5 hours
Thanks, Penny. Are you new to Koodo or an existing customer? Curious if this will be a dead end to anyone who isn't new to Koodo. Also, did you call 611 from your device or dial another number? Thanks for your feedback!
Bianca wrote:

Thanks, Penny. Are you new to Koodo or an existing customer? Curious if this will be a dead end t...

I'm an existing customer. Yes I did call 611 from my phone 

Bianca wrote:

Thanks, Penny. Are you new to Koodo or an existing customer? Curious if this will be a dead end t...

It's not fair to existing customers who can't get through
Bianca wrote:

What are existing customers supposed to do
Bianca wrote:

Koodo phone system is constantly down. I have been on hold every day for 2+ hours just to get disconnected. the one time we did get through we where told we would have someone call us back in 2-4 day days, that was 5 days ago.  on top of all of this we need to get 3 phones unlocked and one fixed under warranty.

Bianca wrote:

from what I have read in the Koodo forums and on twitter is that existing customers are being told by Koodo CS one of the following:
1) you qualify
2) you don't qualify
3) let us transfer you to another department for them to determine if you qualify
4) open a new line (with associated costs i.e. new sim card), then call to have your existing number ported to the new line then cancel old line
5) switch to a different a carrier
Bianca wrote:

even worse for me - first agent said I  can get it - however Freedom also has the same deal with $10 off for the next 20 months so I wanted to see if retention can do something - they not only declined but also said the offer is over - Calls are recorded but can only call me back in 2 days? - What kind of service that?
Bianca wrote:

They wont even offer it to New Brunswick residents! I am so dissatisfied with Koodo.. Cant wait for real competition to come here.. I will drop Koodo so fast!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bianca wrote:

The offer was to compete against Freedom mobile...which doesn't serve New Brunswick on their home network.
Userlevel 6
Bianca wrote:

@James please think that Freedom is not equal to Koodo/Virgin/Fido. So any offer Freedom offers, Koodo will likely not match. By not equal, I mean they don’t have close to the same coverage as any other carrier. Also, the $50 10GB Freedom plan you referenced in your thread is quite different than the $60 10GB Koodo plan. As I mentioned in your thread, the Freedom plan does not have unlimited outgoing call included and you have to pay 5 cents per minute for every outgoing call you make. I’ve noticed that from your post now, you changed the story a little. You now want Koodo to give an extra $10 bill credit for 20 months? With the $60 10gb plan?
Bianca wrote:

My post was quickly answered by I assume a Koodo employee then quickly archived so no one else can see it. It is no longer visible on the forum. Proof? Here's a copy and paste of the whole conversation. Koodo Community Forum Photo of Susan Brewer Community Home Services: Plans & Add-ons Services: Self Serve Services: Billing +2 more 10G data for $60 SCAM QUESTION UPDATED 3 DAYS AGO ANSWERED ARCHIVED AND CLOSED This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. New customer switched from Rogers FOR THE PROMO they were offering for 10G for $60. Not only did I lose an awesome plan with Rogers I can't get back I'm committed to a plan with 500 mb and couldn't even find the promo plan. Total scam. Photo of Susan Brewer Susan Brewer 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb furious and disgusted Posted 3 days ago UN-ME TOO 1 UNFOLLOW 3 0 1 REPLY 3 days ago Photo of Timo Tuokkola Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master 133,516 Points 100k badge 2x thumb Not a scam at all. From MobileSyrup: Koodo’s promo plan is available for new no-term activations, and includes Call Display, Voicemail 10, Call Forwarding, Call Conferencing, Easy Roam, as well as unlimited Canada-wide calling and text. The offer appears to only be available in stores and ends on December 19th, 2017. Like 1 person likes this This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies. Related Conversations Photo of Bill Wiebe plan not available under change my plan Bill Wiebe, 2 months ago Last reply: Bernard, 22 hours ago 1 1 Question Answered Photo of John Customer for 3 years, new line activated. Can I put it on seasonal hold? John, 2 months ago Last reply: Azure123, 2 months ago 1 3 Question Photo of Jasper Easy Roam over $100 limit Jasper, 2 months ago Last reply: Goran, 2 months ago 1 1 Question Photo of Lisa G Data connection not possible on LG Lisa G, 7 months ago Last reply: Nilesh Patel, 7 months ago 2 5 Question Answered Photo of g3hancdf LG G5 RS988 - no LTE signal (only H icon in the status bar) g3hancdf, 6 months ago Last reply: g3hancdf, 6 months ago 1 3 Question Related Categories Photo of Plans & Add-ons Plans & Add-ons 7126 Conversations 1819 Followers Photo of Self Serve Self Serve 3050 Conversations 242 Followers Photo of Billing Billing 4620 Conversations 594 Followers Photo of Tab Tab 1757 Conversations 110 Followers Photo of Android Android 10264 Conversations 2172 Followers Powered by Get Satisfaction Terms Privacy Cookies 10G data for $60 SCAM End of conversation. And even if it was only available until December 19, I signed up well before that so I should have qualified. I 1) was a new customer activation and 2) it was well before the expiry date of the offer. Interesting that as soon as someone has the audacity to call a spade a spade (if I say scam they'll delete this too) they just wipe the comment off the forum and sweep it under the rug. Hypocrites make me angry. Either have an open customer forum or don't. Don't censor it.
I did the same got hung up on last night after 2 hours. Then called as soon as it opened this am. I was on hold for literally 5.5 hours today. I went to regular department she could not help so sent me to loyalty. Today is the last day for the offer. I have been with koodo for years and they gave it to me on the two lines I asked for
nicole wrote:

I did the same got hung up on last night after 2 hours. Then called as soon as it opened this am....

5.5 hours!? That is insane, but at least you finally got it. I will keep trying, but cannot seem to even get through anymore.
Userlevel 1
nicole wrote:

I did the same got hung up on last night after 2 hours. Then called as soon as it opened this am....

When i called they had the option to call back. I did get a call back after an hour and the CSR gave me a service ticket number. After waiting 1 day, I got a text that my plan is now changed.
nicole wrote:

That's fantastic! I had that option this morning- now wishing I took it. I thought waiting would have been easier. Guess not!
Hi , when I did get through it was almost 10pm last night, first I tried the 1800 number then did 611 from my phone . it took lots of patience though 
Penny Brown wrote:

Hi , when I did get through it was almost 10pm last night, first I tried the 1800 number then did...

10 PM isn't it they close at 9 pm. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Penny Brown wrote:

Hi , when I did get through it was almost 10pm last night, first I tried the 1800 number then did...

Depends on your time zone. 10pm for Atlantic.
i waited on hold for 2 hours to be told that I wasn't allowed to switch plans that it was only for new activations .... so i am stuck paying $65 for only 3GB. Very frustrating to hear some current customers are being given the opportunity while others are not. Maybe it is time for me to switch my 3 lines to another provider
Jeff Johnston wrote:

i waited on hold for 2 hours to be told that I wasn't allowed to switch plans that it was only fo...

See, I don't like hearing this... Does this mean it all depends who you get on the other end? Does it mean certain people who are more stern get it and others who just accept it, do not? That is very unfair. This whole ordeal is going to cause a lot of issues for some of these providers who are being selective.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jeff Johnston wrote:

i waited on hold for 2 hours to be told that I wasn't allowed to switch plans that it was only fo...

The ones who are getting it are the ones who qualify for it.
Jeff Johnston wrote:

allan ... read up ... a current customer (Nicole) was switched over to the promotion plan. Not only on this thread but other threads as well stating that some current customers are allowed. If it is for only new activations fine .... but to allow some current customers to take advantage of the promotion and while others are not allowed is a slap in the face in my opinion
Jeff Johnston wrote:

I am in agreement with Jeff. Rules are rules, but when carriers are being selective, its incredibly insulting to all customers. If you are privy to what constitutes as customers who "qualify", for the promo, then please share so people don't waste hours of their time, otherwise Allan, please save your condescending tone for another thread.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jeff Johnston wrote:

From what I've gathered if you are a new customer bringing your own phone you qualify and if you're a current customer who doesn't have a tab then you can call in and get it. If you don't live in Ontario or you have a tab then you can't. Didn't think I was being condescending. There's just a lot of people asking questions and I'm trying my best to volunteer my time and to answer them. I agree I could've went into detail about what "qualifying" means as not everyone knows I suppose but the details were shared on the original promo. Shouldn't make assumptions I suppose! I'll leave it at that. Merry Christmas!