Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$5 charge for using data in the US, but bill says I used 0.00MB. Can I get the charge removed?

There is a $5 charge on my bill for using data in the US, but my data was turned off the entire time and my bill even says I used 0.00MB of data. Can the charge be removed? Do I need to call Koodo?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you sure the charge is for data?
Do you see this charge on the  Ebill detail info?
Mayumi wrote:

Yes, on my bill the charge is under "additional usage charges: Data and SMS." When I click it for details it tells me all my data usage for the past month, but on the date that charges me $5 it says 0.00 MB used.
Mayumi wrote:

I had my data on by mistake you guys charged me $29.50 for it. Can u removed it and make my current bill $28.75
Mayumi wrote:

You have to contact Koodo by calling,Facebook or Twitter for any billing inquires. In this case I would have a good story. No guarantee they will be able to help you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Didn't you receive a text stating something to the effect of welcoming you to the USA, and describing rates?

While you can contact Koodo to request a reduction in costs, it appears you did choose to use data.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Look on p.3 of your bill and the you'll see what the charge was for. If it's really US data, then I'd contact Koodo to resolve the problem
Robert wrote:

Look on p.3 of your bill and the you'll see what the charge was for. If it's really US data, then...

Ah yes, looking on pg. 3 I see it says under "US 1X Data Roaming" I apparently used 0.003 MB of data. I'll contact Koodo for more help. Thanks!