Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$5/100 US texts was charged to me twice...

I was charged $5 last month on my bill for roaming text charges, as I was in New York, and I paid it, but I was charged again this month (although I did not go over the 100 texts for $5!) and I'm wondering where I can go to ask about getting a refund on this month's bill. Thanks

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Well its 5$ per bucket of 100 sms so the second you use 1 sms you are charged 5$. I would recommend for you to call customer service so that they can take a look on the bill to see if there was an error.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu Carrier wrote:

Well its 5$ per bucket of 100 sms so the second you use 1 sms you are charged 5$. I would recomme...

Is a 611 call free while roaming?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mathieu Carrier wrote:

Well its 5$ per bucket of 100 sms so the second you use 1 sms you are charged 5$. I would recomme...

No its not
Userlevel 6
Mathieu Carrier wrote:

No it is not free, 611 will cause roaming charges however the 1-866-995-6636 will not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Were you in New York across a billing period? If so, you would be charged a second fee on the first text sent after your new billing period started.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Were you at the end of a billing cycle.maybe? And you used for example 20 texts on first billing and 20 on the second. Therefore it's 2x5$