Koodo Community

Community

Solved

3DAYS US roaming not working

Purchased this Add-On and the Data doesn't seem to work. Although i am able to make phone calls and send text, but it just won't connect to 3G.

Thanks

18 replies

Userlevel 3
Turn on data roaming. Under settings.
Thanks, but I did and it still doesn't work. "Could not activate cellular data network : You are not subscribed to a cellular data service "
Userlevel 7
Where are you? Koodo has roaming agreements with most but not all us carriers, in the west desert areas there are smaller regional carriers that may not provide data for roamers Try searching for networks and choosing t-mobile or at&t
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled 3DAYS US roaming not working. Purchased this Add-On and the Data doesn't work.
I texted the 3all text to 4545 last night. Got a text confirmation and an email one that the addon is active. As soon as I crossed into the USA I received those standard texts telling me I'm in the USA, that incoming text is free and that I have no addons. I'm in new York now and can't call koodo support before 9am. I have no text, no data, no minutes. Hanging at the Starbucks. Am I gonna be charged the 30 dollars for nothing?
Userlevel 7
Judas Iscariot wrote:

I texted the 3all text to 4545 last night. Got a text confirmation and an email one that the addo...

What phone do you have?
Judas Iscariot wrote:

I texted the 3all text to 4545 last night. Got a text confirmation and an email one that the addo...

I have a Motorola Moto G 3rd Generation
Userlevel 7
Judas Iscariot wrote:

Goto settings... Wireless and networks... More... Mobile network... Network selection Be sure network selection is set to auto Make sure 'use 2g only' isn't selected.
Judas Iscariot wrote:

The data roaming switch is off, I flicked it on. But when I click on choose automatically it tells me it can't connect to a network at the moment. Should I have turned the data roaming switch on? It said something about charges
Userlevel 7
Judas Iscariot wrote:

Switch network selection to manual, allow your phone to scan, there's a possibility that there is no network available. What networks do you see. Also is your bill paid up?
Judas Iscariot wrote:

I see T-Mobile, Verizon and at&t. My bill is indeed paid up. It took to T-Mobile now. And I've attached my home screen now. It has LTE on. Data roaming switch is on. Is this part of my addon or is this something else?

Userlevel 7
Judas Iscariot wrote:

Nope you're all set now Just a heads up that the roaming packages don't alter your service in any way. All they do is add discounts. If you loose service again, rescan and retry.
Judas Iscariot wrote:

Thanks Chad! They don't for text and minutes. But isnt the 150 mb of us data counted separate from my Montreal 1gb? Or am I mistaken
Userlevel 7
Judas Iscariot wrote:

Yes that's correct
I meant they don't alter the way your phone functions. And make sure you set this back to automatic when you return to Canada or you won't have service.
Judas Iscariot wrote:

Ah got it. Thanks a bunch Chad. Have a great one!
Userlevel 7
Judas Iscariot wrote:

Enjoy your trip!
Judas Iscariot wrote:

Have a similar problem. Texted 10ALL10 days Us roaming add on for voice/text an data) to 4545 on May 1 evening and got a confirmation test. When I landed in the us also got a welcome to US text and that rates are as per my 20 day add on. My iPhone 5 automatically connects to AT&T but I cannot make or receive calls, send texts ( am able to receive texts) or get any data at all. Voice calls to my number are going to voice mail with no notification to me that I have voice mail. Tried manually scanning fur networks and switched to T- mobile but phone don't connect and just reverts back to AT&T and auto network selection. Please help
Userlevel 7
Judas Iscariot wrote:

So the USA is a bit different. Your phone should just work assuming your bill is paid up. Even without any add ons.

The welcome to the USA messages happen even if you have a roaming package.

Have you tried restarting your phone? Oh and where are you?