Koodo Community
Question

2GB45 Rate Changes Not Activated

• 26 June 2019
  • 5 replies

I am currently on a $40/month plan and was sent an email about a rate increase to $43. I was also offered a $45/month plan with 2GB. I responded 2GB45 to a text number, as directed in the email. The confirmation text I received indicated that it would be processed within 7 days. It is now beyond the 7 days and it is still not activated - was this a legitimate email? Or do I need to do something special?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe the offer was legit. The plan change involves a rep. Someone has to change it for your from Koodo. It wasn't an automatic process. I will flag this. Hopefully someone can help you here. If not, you will have to contact Koodo directly and ask someone to change it for you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It might take some time in order for a Koodo employe to apply the promotion. Most of the time they wait until the end of the billing cycle in order not to trigger pro-ration.
Userlevel 2
I am currently on a $40/month plan and was sent an email about a rate increase to $43. I was also offered a $45/month plan with 2GB. I responded 2GB45 to a text number, as directed in the email. The confirmation text I received indicated that it would be processed within 7 days. It is now beyond the 7 days and it is still not activated - was this a legitimate email? Or do I need to do something special?

Hi! Thanks for reaching out to us! The plan will be changed with the promotional one, starting your next billing cycle. I can also change it immediately, however a change inside the billing cycle will trigger pro-ration as @Robert T said. Let us know. Thanks!
Please activate immediately. Thank you.
Userlevel 2
@bcarson It's changed now. Please turn off your phone and turn it back on. You will see the new plan in Self-Serve as well within 1 hour. Thanks!