Koodo Community

Community

2GB promo not applied to my plan!

Help! I switched my plan to the $55 1GB with the +2GB promo after a Koodo rep recommended it to me. I followed the steps on self-serve however the bonus 2GB did not add. Tried calling with no success, leaving a voicemail at my local Koodo store, Facebook post, message.. HELP!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You only need to leave a single message. It clogs things up contacting with multiple avenues at once. If you don'r hear back in a few days you can tryr sending another facebook message. Or you can call 611 but prepared to wait a very long time to get through.
Userlevel 2
Hey Lisa, I was able to get your offer by just leaving them a message via contact. Make sure you're logged in. It took me a week for them to receive and change my plan to the $55 plan with +2gb.
Wil wrote:

Hey Lisa, I was able to get your offer by just leaving them a message via contact. Make sure you'...

Hey Wil! Sorry to bother you, but can you tell me which contact you used? Can't believe it takes a week. The service is extremely slow. Thanks again for your help! 
Userlevel 2
Wil wrote:

Hey Lisa, I was able to get your offer by just leaving them a message via contact. Make sure you'...

Hey Lisa, so if you scroll down to the very bottom of Koodo's page, click 'Contact Us'. After that, there are 3 tab options; click the Email Us tab and scroll down until you see 'Send an email' link. From there you can ask them to change your plan. 
Thanks for your response. It's been since Saturday. I gave it until today but still haven't heard back. I switched from a $45 plan with 1GB and unlimited calling and now regretting my decision. It didn't say anywhere that it was for new customers or anything like that so not sure why it wouldn't of had applied... 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo got blindsided by the volume of unlock requests and plan requests to 10gb for 60 dollars. Apparently it was so big that they're still dealing with the backlog. Unfortunately there isn't a faster way than sending a message on Facebook except by calling 611 and being prepared to wait upwards of 90 minutes to 2 hours or maybe even more to get through to someone. Wish there was a better answer for you right now.
Goran wrote:

Koodo got blindsided by the volume of unlock requests and plan requests to 10gb for 60 dollars. A...

That's ok, thanks for your help! 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Koodo got blindsided by the volume of unlock requests and plan requests to 10gb for 60 dollars. A...

@Lisa, the bonus data was available for new activation and upgrades to a new phone. Is that what you have done? Purchased a new phone? 
Goran wrote:

Hi Bernard, this is new information to me. When I went in store to speak with a rep I told her specifically that I was an existing costumer (and I’ve dealt with her several times before). I also don’t recall seeing anything online about this promo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Goran wrote:

Lisa, the details of the offer can be found online when you click on the plan of your choice. It states that the 2gb is for "new and existing customers who renew" their agreement. I would definitely go back to the store rep and ask for clarification on what she meant.