Koodo Community

Community

Solved

2 international add-ons at once/activate 1 twice?

I am traveling to Mexico for a week on the 18th and I'm looking into the international plans. Data is important to me, so unfortunately it seems I'm limited to only the $40 add-on for 50/50/50 texts, MB, and minutes for 30 days.

Frankly, 50MB and 50 texts is genuinely nothing for a week long (much less an entire month!), but at least it's better than the ridiculously ludicrous $5/1MB pay-per-use charge. I would only be getting this bundle for the data, as I don't do voice calling, and doing the math of the pay-per-use texting at $0.60 per text actually comes out $10 cheaper than this bundle per 50 texts. So really the data is the only actual deal at all here.

I noticed the text-only add-on though that's $15 for 75 outgoing texts, and that is an actual deal.

So I have three questions going forward:

First: If I get the $40 add-on, is it possible to activate/get it twice before the 30 day expiry (ie. during the week I'll be abroad), for a total of $80 and 100/100/100 texts, MB, and minutes? I'm lead to believe not, with the 30-day validity, but I figured I'd make sure.

Second: If I get the $40 add-on, can I ALSO get the $15 add-on for more outgoing texts, or are we only allowed 1 add-on for the 30 days? 

Third: How does "getting" and paying for it work? Is it just generally available to anyone who texts the activation code (I have added the free roaming add-ons FYI) and the fee will come in my monthly bill, or do I "buy"/add/pay for it in advance on my plan?

Sorry for the lengthy post, and I hope it's not too confusing, but a lot is not made very clear on the website. 😂
Thanks in advance for any help!
icon

Best answer by David AKU 11 November 2016, 16:00

1) You can add different add-ons within the month, but not multiple of the same. 2) See 1) above 3) The fees will be added to your regular bill Unlocking and getting a local SIM in Mexico might be a sensible option if you need more data.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
1) You can add different add-ons within the month, but not multiple of the same. 2) See 1) above 3) The fees will be added to your regular bill Unlocking and getting a local SIM in Mexico might be a sensible option if you need more data.