Koodo Community

Community

$15 prepaid auto top up taken, $0 balance, asking for $25 more on $25 plan??

For some reason your site doesn't seem to update the pre-auth PMT amounts after changing a plan, so mine was still taking out $15 from the previous plan I had ($15 base plan) however a few months back I switched to the $25.

This month, my bank shows $15 deducted, however I have $0 balance. I could understand if it was asking for $10 more, however when I go to top up it's asking for only $25, as I have $0 balance. Can this be explained? I don't feel like putting a total of $40 onto my account in one month for a pre-auth plan due to your own website limitations. I have never had to update my pre-auth amount taken when switching plans, I figured it should just top up the plan I actually have.

So, what happened to my $17.25 credit balance my transaction history and bank statement show? I'm not giving another full $25, do I need to call in to process the $120 difference?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi Adam, prepaid doesn't have any pre-auth system, what you choose to auto top up, is topped up even when you change base plans. 

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by the $120 difference, did you have service before your plan renewed? Can you post a screenshot of your first page of self service (without any personal information) please?
The $120 was a typo meaning to be $10. It seems pretty clear to me. I understand, however an automatic payment is still called a "Pre-authorized payment" so, thanks for the tidbit but it's technically correct as said. Topping up is indeed the method of adding minutes to phone with koodo, an automatic payment is still a pre-authorized payment.

I don't see you'r affiliation with Koodo, I'm not really certain why I'm posting that screen. It shows $0 balance, that my plan has been disabled and when I click top up it asks for me $25 to do so. With no mention of the balance. My Transaction history shows DEC 20th $15 taken, $17.25 credit with top up bonus. However, there is $0.00 balance in all reference on my page. My bank account also shows the withdraw.

I want to top up my plan, but I don't want to py an additional $25 on. So, as I'm asking, is it required to call in to solve this and have it applied? Not really looking for advisement, looking for my money back to my account that I can use towards my base plan. (I should only be paying the difference of the $17.25 and the $25, not another full $25 yeah?)

And just for context, I have the $25 base plan with no addons, boosters or anything. Just the core plan, no other features.
Userlevel 1
Hi Adam,

Did you change your plan from the $15 to the $25 after it was paid ? Please keep us posted ! 
The same thing happened to me today,
I was in the process of changing my base plan and I topped up and it said it was topped up but the balance wasn't updated.
I've also looked at my bank statement and it was updated today saying $17 was taken out.
Jaysds1 wrote:

I was in the process of changing my base plan and I topped u...

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/MMaGD
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jaysds1 wrote:

Can you post a screenshot of the first page too please Jay? When you log into self service - just mask your personal information 🙂
Jaysds1 wrote:

https://imgur.com/a/XauD6
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jaysds1 wrote:

Right, that's what is wrong, Jay. You have the $35 base plan, however your balance is only $20. You will need to top up an additional $15 to renew your plan - or change the base plan to the $15 one.
Jaysds1 wrote:

This is what happens when I try to change my base plan: [b]https://imgur.com/a/cueGQ
My balance doesn't change and my transaction says $20 is in it.

I do not want to pay for the same plan that I'm not going to use at all/
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jaysds1 wrote:

If you change your base plan to the $15 plan, you would have sufficient funds with $5 to spare,

However if it is the $35 one you want, you will need to top up an additional $15... and in that case try to reselect the $35 plan... but really your plan SHOULD renew automatically. 

Does that answer your question? 
Jaysds1 wrote:

I know that but what I'm trying to do right now is to change the base plan to $15 but it wants me to top up again, which does not make sense.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jaysds1 wrote:

[b]I'm guessing at this but, since you had the $35 plan in place before you topped up, it is likely waiting to fulfill that 'order' before accepting a change. I expect had you changed the plan first, it would then only request the $15.
Jaysds1 wrote:

Yeah!
I been having a feeling about that and just because you confirmed it I'm going to have to complain to Koodo about this.
Cause it's either I get my money back or I get my number just to transfer it.