Koodo Community

Community

Solved

10$ off for first 12 months.!!!!

At the point of sale I was told first 12 months would include a 10$ credit. Its not on contract but ‘trust me’. Well first bill no 10$ credit. The bonus 2G is on there as on printed contract but not the 10$. Is this part of the ‘first bill’ usual mess or did anybody else have this situation..? Thank-you

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believe it's applied to the first full month of service so you shouldn't see it until your next bill. If you don't see it then, then you can contact Koodo to inquire about it.
Userlevel 7
Allan is correct, it does not apply on the first bill but comes into affect on bill #2 and lasts 12 months from that, so you'd have the 10$ off from month 2 to month 13.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Mat, as per the folks above...but just to assure you I can see it on your account and you will have the first one applied on your next bill. 
It’s not applied on first bill, you have to wait until second or third billing cycle, I got this promotion last year and waited until the fourth billing cycle.
Thanks. Did you up end getting 12 cycles of hte 10$ off...???
Bernard,  could you please check if my account has the $10 off as well?  I just signed up yesterday but I don't see anything on my account to indicate the $10 off is there as a new subscriber.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Qiuguo Pan wrote:

Bernard,  could you please check if my account has the $10 off as well?  I just signed ...

@Qiuguo: bill credit normally shows up from your second bill.

Qiuguo Pan wrote:

Bernard,  could you please check if my account has the $10 off as well?  I just signed ...

Thanks, Dinh.   I did the sign up in bestbuy and I have no idea if they had to do anything to enable the $10 off or is it automatic.   This is why I want to make sure it is on the account.  Is there anywhere I can validate this for sure?   
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Qiuguo Pan wrote:

@Qiuguo, Dinh is correct credits normally appear starting on the second invoice. 
Qiuguo Pan wrote:

Thanks, Bernard.   So would the discount be automatically enabled without requiring the bestbuy rep to do anything? 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Qiuguo Pan wrote:

The Best Buy rep screwed up. Never added it to your account. Had it fixed. Will give the rep a call along with some strong feedback!
Qiuguo Pan wrote:

Thank you, Bernard. 

Just to be fair, there was a long line due to the labor day GC deal, the bestbuy guy was asked to help out the regular rep.   He seemed like he wasn't sure of many of the details so I was worried.   So don't be to hard on him. 🙂.
Qiuguo Pan wrote:

@Bernard,  so should I see something in the koodo website for my account that shows the discount has been added?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Qiuguo Pan wrote:

Appreciate the added detail.  And the discount will appear on your invoice only. Likely the second one now because of the delay in provisioning.