Koodo Community

Community

Solved

$0.75 data charge?

I just opened my new account with a new iPhone SE with Koodo on Sept. 9th.

I looked at my usage tab in the self serve section of the website and I'm already being charged with $0.75 for 37.94MB of data usage which is barely anything out of my full amount of data for the month: 2GB of data. I have the $40 plan with the 500MB+500MB data amount, plus 1GB for 12 months because I'm a student.
This $0.75 charge occurred on the day and almost the exact time I activated my new phone with Koodo so I'm pretty confused about this charge. Because it shouldn't really be there.

Could I get some help with this?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello Sheena,

It's a weird charge indeed. You saw this on your bill?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Also, if it's a new account, then you should have a free/trial data access for few days(up to 10days) to see your data usage like.
I would wait till you receive your actual bill and if there was a charge for data, then I would contact them
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I believed it was a mistake, I would just call Koodo to ask them to take those charge off. It was just $0.75 so it might be wise to wait if you have more questions so you don't have to wait for 15-20 minutes for $0.75
I had the same charge on a new activation, it seemed to occur in the time between my phone being activated and my plan being activated. It's annoying and probably shouldn't be there, but I can't be bothered wasting 15-30 min on hold to reverse a $0.75 charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Sheena, I want the team to look into this. It is strange. What time of day were at the Koodo store to open a line. The reason for the question is to try to confirm if it happened  during the activation process. 
Bernard wrote:

@ Sheena, I want the team to look into this. It is strange. What time of day were at the Koodo st...

Hi Bernard, I was at the Koodo store at around 10:30am.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bernard wrote:

@ Sheena, I want the team to look into this. It is strange. What time of day were at the Koodo st...

Yeah, that lines up with what I see when that charge occurred, so it does seem like for one reason or another during activation. I don't think it is caused by our billing system alone as this would consistently happen to everyone. And we only have a handful of examples. So, what reps might do during the activation maybe triggering the issue. Regardless, pls send us a private message on Facebook and we will credit your account, no problem. Just link this post in your convo so you wouldn't have to repeat everything. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I was charged $7.5 at the time of activation too. (I got unlimited canadawide 5GB SFD data plan). After 15 min waiting and 1 minute talking on the phone, it was credited back to me.

Don't know how it could happen, the koodo clerk activated initially on a $28 plan then changed my plan to the promo 5GB plan. However, I received the SIM when it was already in the 5GB plan with writing confirmation. There could be some delay between the servers within Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dinh wrote:

I was charged $7.5 at the time of activation too. (I got unlimited canadawide 5GB SFD data plan)....

I see it on your account. Thanks for that! I'll add it to the examples to look at to solve this.