Koodo Community
Proposed

Usage Widget

• 15 April 2019
  • 7 replies

What I would like to see is a usage widget for the home screen. Just straight up data usage and nothing else unless you could port the Telus app over to Koodo. I really liked that on my home screen. But just a plain widget would be fine to just have a quick peek at to know where you are at for the month.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

I should forum search first 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Haha yup! Koodo will not be doing that at all. I think that it would be neat but it's the website life only forward Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@MikeAH Thanks for the suggestion! Indeed we used to have an app, however most people stopped checking their usage ever since we introduced our shock-free-data plans. Notifications sent at 50 and 90% and once you reach your allotted data in your bucket, you will be paused until you say otherwise with a couple of clicks. You can certainly put a tile on your home screen. On an iPhone it takes 3 clicks to get to ones's usage. Android is just as easy. Hope this provides some context!
Userlevel 2
@MikeAHYou can certainly put a tile on your home screen. On an iPhone it takes 3 clicks to get to ones's usage. Android is just as easy. Hope this provides some context!
I don't know how someone can get to their Koodo usage with 3 "clicks," but other providers with apps even beat that with 2 taps.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@MikeAHYou can certainly put a tile on your home screen. On an iPhone it takes 3 clicks to get to ones's usage. Android is just as easy. Hope this provides some context!I don't know how someone can get to their Koodo usage with 3 "clicks," but other providers with apps even beat that with 2 taps.

If you have an icon on your home screen and have your credentials saved it's one tap on the icon, one tap to self serve, and one tab to view usage. 3 taps.
Userlevel 2

@MikeAHYou can certainly put a tile on your home screen. On an iPhone it takes 3 clicks to get to ones's usage. Android is just as easy. Hope this provides some context!I don't know how someone can get to their Koodo usage with 3 "clicks," but other providers with apps even beat that with 2 taps.
If you have an icon on your home screen and have your credentials saved it's one tap on the icon, one tap to self serve, and one tab to view usage. 3 taps.

Too much work and you need to have your username and password saved in Safari or something. The other provider's app can access my account information from the SIM Card without any credentials.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Eh, if you desperately need such a feature then just go to the other carriers honestly. I dont think it's that big of a deal to have an extra click or two.
As well Koodo has stuff like the skills for the Google Assistant or Alexa in which you can just ask it what your usage is.