Koodo Community

Community

Not planned

unlimited data fair useage

have a plan similiar to wind with unlimited data,at a fair price

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's probably the most requested feature, Rodger... and therefore, sadly, it'll probably never happen 😞 Data = money, more data = more money and thus, unlimited data = missed revenue from Koodo's standpoint. Wish I had better news to share.......
Userlevel 6
Sophia wrote:

It's probably the most requested feature, Rodger... and therefore, sadly, it'll probably never ha...

The way this reply was worded is perfect, and therefore, I ask for permission to copy/paste it (with credits) whenever the need arises :oP
Userlevel 1
I say just put a daily cap on it after which it slows down aggressively (but still has just enough throughput to allow email to work and resets at midnight) and call it "unlimited". I have unlimited anytime minutes and unlimited long distance but I don't talk on the phone all day, in fact hardly at all (I have these features just so I don't have to count minutes or worry about it). If I had pseudo unlimited data (with a slow down cap) I wouldn't be watching NetFlix or YouTube but the great thing about it is we would never have to worry about overages. [b]That's what people really want, data that always works with no overages. Back in the day, unlimited anytime minutes and unlimited long distance within Canada would be unthinkable for all carriers, now we have it as a convenience so we don't have to count calories on every call. The business that would come over from other carriers once Koodo started offering pseudo unlimited data would more than make up for the required infrastructure cost to implement it. This kind of "unlimited" data is common place in 3rd world countries.
Userlevel 7
Steve wrote:

I say just put a daily cap on it after which it slows down aggressively (but still has just enoug...

To he fair though, those third world counties probably don't even have 3G network and run on GSM/2G (possibly even CDMA) and only God knows what the reception/coverage is like.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Steve wrote:

I say just put a daily cap on it after which it slows down aggressively (but still has just enoug...

You'd be surprised what network quality you get abroad. This whole "better network in Canada" is something you only hear from telco reps and you should take it with a grain of salt. Just like the geography argument (despite most of Canada's landmass not actually being covered).
Userlevel 1
Steve wrote:

Yeah, it's all 4G, HSPA+ and LTE. It has to be as everyone has unlimited data 🙂 In the Dominican Republic my phone roams between Codatel, Viva, Orange and a couple of others (at least 6 in reach of one resort). No matter where I go (even in the middle of nowhere) I always have 4 or 5 bars and great coverage. Everyone has a router with a cellular data stick to provide Internet to their whole house, they may not have (FTTH) fibre to the home like we do in some parts of Canada but their cellular networks are well developed and everyone has a cell phone, even morbidly poor people can afford it because the rates are so low. How can they do it for so much less than Canada? Everyone is a subscriber, land lines are rare.