Koodo Community

Community

This Warning System is Terrible, So Fix It


This has got to be the first forum that has a non-existant working warning system. The fact that I could be suspended at any time with no prior warning is deplorable. Every forum that i have been a part of has a successful warning system, yet this forum, you have no idea that you have any warnings until you attept to post and then suddenly you can't. I'm pretty sure it's against the ToS to revoke poosting previledges without providing sufficient documention &/OR sufficient warnings.

32 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
https://getsatisfaction.com/corp/terms-of-service/ Didn't see anything there about Get Satisfaction having to provide any documentation or warnings. What happened?
Userlevel 1
Your point is so important MarcusF, (I know you were posting for longtime), that warning system should be implemented, especially towards posters with some weird behavior, in my point of view if posters follow Koodo community Guidelines, they don't need to receive that warning before account suspension.
@Philosoraptor: Doesn't matter what happened. The fact of the matter is, you can be suspended without warning or being notified that you have warnings. This is completely wrong and needs to be fixed. @Mat: It doesn't matter. In a perfect world, yeah, that would work. This isn't a perfect world and a warning system needs to be put in place.
Userlevel 6
Marcus Fenix wrote:

@Philosoraptor: Doesn't matter what happened. The fact of the matter is, you can be suspen...

I think it does matter.....nobody gets "suspended" for nothing. 🙂 When you say warnings, who would give that out anyways?
Marcus Fenix wrote:

@Philosoraptor: Doesn't matter what happened. The fact of the matter is, you can be suspen...

Really? You must not be on online forums very much. The warnings would come from the moderators obviously. either a visual represenation on my profile or an email indicating that I have a warning, and stating where the warning originated from. While I agree nobody gets suspended for nothing, people have a right to know if they received a warning. It's like being arrested without receiving any tickets first.
Userlevel 1
Marcus Fenix wrote:

@Philosoraptor: Doesn't matter what happened. The fact of the matter is, you can be suspen...

Koodo "Moderators" and "Admins" assigned to monitor this community!
Userlevel 6
Marcus Fenix wrote:

@Philosoraptor: Doesn't matter what happened. The fact of the matter is, you can be suspen...

Not one yet that suspended me. 🙂 If that's how it works, are you saying that koodo should have sent you an email and they didn't?
Marcus Fenix wrote:

@Philosoraptor: Doesn't matter what happened. The fact of the matter is, you can be suspen...

@Mat: Captain obvious called, he wants his title back. I already knew that Mat. Don't make posts that don't add any value. @Rudy: Correct. Before I suddenly stopped posting, the only indication that I received was a message preventing me from actually posting. There was nothing before that to indicate that I was suspended from posting or that I had any warnings against me. This is completely unfair. Forum behavior can change but only if there's a chance to allow it to change. Blindly suspending someone who has no idea that they have any warnings against them is just wrong. By the way, I don't appreciate my idea being changed. This isn't a question, this is an idea. Just more examples of mods doing what they want to without rhyme or reason. Completely terrible in my opinion.
Userlevel 1
Marcus Fenix wrote:

@Philosoraptor: Doesn't matter what happened. The fact of the matter is, you can be suspen...

Sorry about that Marcus, the change wasn't intentional. Your post is still an Idea.
Userlevel 6
Marcus Fenix wrote:

@Philosoraptor: Doesn't matter what happened. The fact of the matter is, you can be suspen...

I don't get it Marcus. It seems that they did send you a warning for whatever reason....I'm not sure there is anything else they could have done. Anyways, you are back, so forget the past and pay attention to the present. 🙂 Let's have fun!
Marcus Fenix wrote:

@Philosoraptor: Doesn't matter what happened. The fact of the matter is, you can be suspen...

Forgetting the past means we are doomed to repeat it. I am not just going to forget that I recevied no warnings.
Userlevel 6
Marcus Fenix wrote:

@Philosoraptor: Doesn't matter what happened. The fact of the matter is, you can be suspen...

"You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present."
Userlevel 1
Hey Marcus, I'd be happy to shed some light on this. Open and honest communication is what we're all about. The truth is, we really don't want to suspend anyone. To keep things fair in the community, sometimes we have to go above and beyond the warnings issued by Koodo reps and Mobile Masters. You may have missed my email but I personally sent you one before you were suspended in an effort to resolve things over the phone. Unfortunately, I did not hear back from you. As long as you adhere to the community guidelines that we've put in place, I don't see you having anything to worry about: http://koo.do/guidelines123. Thanks for reaching out!
Ashley wrote:

Hey Marcus, I'd be happy to shed some light on this. Open and honest communication is what we're ...

You can spin it anyway you want, the fact of the matter is, this forum suffers from a lack of proper communication with the warning system & mods blindly doing whatever they feel like doing.
Userlevel 2
I'd like to see some more 'moderation' in place. This past weekend things got a little out of hand, and I can't help but think if mobile masters had the ability to temporarily suspend an account, or something along those lines, it would be benefit to the community. When you have people saying they would "slap" someone if given the opportunity, or constantly replying with things like "learn English", "you're an idiot", etc., it would be nice if immediate action could be taken.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

I'd like to see some more 'moderation' in place. This past weekend things got a little out of ha...

I agree with this. I become reluctant to post when I see things like that. Also I agree with MarcusF, that a warning be given out. Sometimes emotions run high and you are not thinking straight or you get stuck on a path of thinking. A warning email or something with the reason why is helpful so that people know what exactly they did wrong. Throwing the policy at them is not very constructive or helpful
Userlevel 1
mattjs wrote:

I'd like to see some more 'moderation' in place. This past weekend things got a little out of ha...

"A No-No" Report is the solution: http://fanpage.koodomobile.com/community/report-a-nono
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
mattjs wrote:

I'd like to see some more 'moderation' in place. This past weekend things got a little out of ha...

It would be nice if the offender gets a copy of this too
Userlevel 1
mattjs wrote:

I'd like to see some more 'moderation' in place. This past weekend things got a little out of ha...

Only "Ashley Levy (Koodo Community Manager)" can answer that question Dennis
mattjs wrote:

I'd like to see some more 'moderation' in place. This past weekend things got a little out of ha...

A reporting system is all fine and dandy, but unless the offender gets a copy of it, it's pretty much useless.
Userlevel 5
mattjs wrote:

I'd like to see some more 'moderation' in place. This past weekend things got a little out of ha...

In response to mattjs I know the original MMs did have mod powers for a while but it was removed a few months ago after the second wave joined the program.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From your profile, Marcus, I see that you have been away for awhile, I think you will find things have changed quite a bit. The moderators are Koodo employees who take their task very, very seriously. The mobile masters are sanctioned to post a friendly warning but then we just have to report the offending post like everyone else, which I think is a good and fair system. The Koodo staff are on duty every day so things [i]will be corrected, even though we'd probably like to see it happen differently or sooner. Or, in the case that we are the corrected party, we might object to it. But in the end, it's Koodo who ultimately decides what will happen with their forum, and if we can't agree with that, we have no option but to find greener pastures. Warnings are mostly given in public, usually in a friendly manner, preferably while referring to the new community guidelines. Yes, Koodo has set up a new set of rules that are not only easy to understand and follow, but also hilarious to read. Please make yourself familiar with them so you won't ever have to be warned (or worse) again 🙂 You speak of proper communication. I cannot speak for the Koodo employees themselves, obviously, but I can tell that our own private Mobile Masters group is monitored very closely, and our thinking and actions are corrected where needed, usually in the most pleasant way. I can honestly say that I feel that in the few months I have joined "the ranks", as a group we have matured and still continue to do so. Yet we all remain merely humans, no question about it. We all made mistakes in the past and will also continue to do. Speaking for myself, I'm willing to learn from my mistakes and want to better myself where necessary. I am convinced all nine of us feel the same way. Lastly, I find that the majority of the current set of regular participants in this forum have a remarkably mature and positive attitude, one of the reasons I like it so much here. Rather than clinging to a past that is no longer there, Marcus, I really suggest you leave it behind and make a new start with the rest of us. I look forward to a very pleasant and positive interaction with you and others in this forum 😃 Ack, this was long winded, whoever made it all the way to here deserves a bickie 😃
Sophia wrote:

From your profile, Marcus, I see that you have been away for awhile, I think you will find things...

Not sure how this addresses my original posts at all. Just because I haven't posted in awhile doesn't mean I don't know what's going on. Bottom line, as I already stated, this forum lacks from proper communications of warnings. Sure, you can have all the public warnings you want, but at the end of the day, if I don't receive an email or am able to see the warnings I have on my own profile, then I don't have warnings and thus I was suspended without warning. It's a flawed system that must be fixed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

From your profile, Marcus, I see that you have been away for awhile, I think you will find things...

Well, without going into an argument about this, Ashley stated clearly that she did send you an email and invited you to a phone conversation. It's a shame you did not receive this mail (did you check your spam folder?) but it was sent... thus rendering your original complaint moot. However as I said, why not accept the fact there was a miscommunication (rather than malice) and move on?
Sophia wrote:

From your profile, Marcus, I see that you have been away for awhile, I think you will find things...

Yes, let's just simply disregard what has happened and pretend that it didn't. I don't operate like that. You might and if that works for you, great, that doesn't work for me however. I should be able to look at my own profile and see that I have X amount of warnings. Any forum that's worth its salt has this functionality. The fact that this forum doesn't is astounding.

Reply