Koodo Community

Community

Implemented

SUGGESTION - I would LOVE it if Koodo provided the equivalent of Fido Roam, Koodo is good this is the only piece missing

Userlevel 1
I would love to get rid of the dual SIM phoone I am using as a result of the lack of an equivalent service from Koodo,  I suppose and easy option would just be to port to FIdo, but I would prefer to stay with Koodo

26 replies

Userlevel 4
Every mobile phone company have to serve customers to their best ability and serve their share holders as well. In order to maximize profit it has to be give and take process involved. All of them do this,  one way or another. Sometimes dual SIM phone is the best option and the cheapest regardless of which mobile company your phone is ported to.
Userlevel 1
Jan Hope wrote:

Every mobile phone company have to serve customers to their best ability and serve their share ho...

I'll wait for Koodo to respond, thx
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

Every mobile phone company have to serve customers to their best ability and serve their share ho...

We are working on it Chris! Thanks for the suggestion! There are a number technical/billing changes that need to take place which is never easy, however we are looking end of August early September to come out with our version of this feature. 
Userlevel 1
Jan Hope wrote:

Fabulous news, thanks for the update
Userlevel 2
Jan Hope wrote:

Word to the wise I know big daddy TELUS - https://www.telus.com/en/bc/mobility/travel/ has it for $7/$10 & capped at $100/$150 but [b]Fido/Rogers have it for $5/$10 & capped at $50/$100 respectively - http://www.fido.ca/consumer/mobile/travel

How about taking the lead on this and matching Fido/Rogers pricing? or even look at a pricing model similar to https://roammobility.com/plans 
Jan Hope wrote:

Hi Bernard, any updates on this feature?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jan Hope wrote:

Same as before. Most likely somewhere in September the way things look now. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Koodo generally doesnt comment on up and coming features. I'd keep your eyes open here on the forums and on Koodo's other platforms to see if they do come out with something. Here is another similar post here. The idea was put under consideration: https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/suggestion-i-would-love-it-if-koodo-offered-a-service-like-fido-roam
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Koodo generally doesnt comment on up and coming features. I'd keep your eyes open here on the for...

You are right Allan, generally we don't, this is one of the exceptions though. :-) 
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

Koodo generally doesnt comment on up and coming features. I'd keep your eyes open here on the for...

Fabulous news, thanks for the update
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

Bernard, any update here?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

We are testing the feature,but about two weeks behind. Early October is what we are looking Chris. 
Allan wrote:

Confirmed by octobor 15th. $7/day in US Cap at $100 per billing cycle
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

You almost got it right Ehab!
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

Hey Bernard, so what is the 100% correct answer?
Allan wrote:

Oct 10th next Tuesday.
Allan wrote:

We are looking for something out of expectation and compete with the other providers who have this feature for long time.
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

Yeah capped at $100/mth is way too expensive
Userlevel 1
Allan wrote:

We need Bernard to post the correct official answer
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Or we could have a little lottery. Whoever is correct gets bragging rights!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Ehab has corrected the date. :-) 

Here is the link folks: https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam
Allan wrote:

Bernard , I have another strong suggestion should be announced with koodo easy roam day. The data top-up is very high comparing with Telus parent company and Fido Rogers's son. Koodo charge $10 for 300Mb or $20 for 1GB Please see attached

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Telus, and possibly Fido, are not offering this as part of a Shock-free data plan, though. You need to choose to buy this data before you hit 100% or you'll have an overage cost. 

Also, Telus has a higher price for the monthly plan, so maybe the lower price for the add-on reflects that, giving the user a bit of relief on overage.

Allan wrote:

Most of the time, customers prefer to pay Less for data top up and manage their usuage from the smart phone app that has been already removed from koodo ( not professional step ) and not forced to have shock free data for their plan. FYI : telus added Shock free data addons for free.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

FYI : telus added Shock free data addons for free.

Not to my knowledge. As far as I recall, you  go to pay-per-use rates unless you have purchased an additional data bucket. Link?