Koodo Community
Proposed

Stop deleting threads

• 6 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4

A few weeks ago, I started a new thread here about how I can not download nor send MMS. It was the secod thread I started after a similar one months ago. Again, many friendly Koodo users responded, again nobody was able to solve it (nor was Koodo support).

I now have additional information to add that may (or may not) lead to a solution - but administrators have deleted the thread. Although I had added a post just last week!

Please bring my thread back and stop deleting threads. If the issue is unsolved, it would be good to keep it open. If the issue is solved, it would be good to have the information available for other users with the same problem.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sometimes I feel they are overzealous with “cleanup”but it's what they do. Feel free to start a new thread with any new info. Afraid I'm having a hard time remembering… you also got in touch with Koodo technical support and they couldn't help you?

Userlevel 4

Yes, I have spent hours on the phone with Koodo support and a very friendly expert from Telus who gave me several phone calls. We tried all kinds of settings and resets and reboots and whatnot.

I really appreciate everybody’s attempts to help here, but it is inane to answer all the same questions and suggestions over and over again. Likewise, it is a waste of your time to type out recommendations that have been made and failed.  If the thread was here, anyone could see all the things I have tried and tested.

Today, I paired my phone with messages.android.com - I thought maybe I can  access my MMS that way.  No dice. The download just never comes through.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately if you're already speaking with tech support, I can't imagine anyone here, including the reps, that would be able to assist at this point. Especially if several people have already tried with suggestions that didn't end up working. If they've got higher level tech support from Telus as well helping you, even more so.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Yes, I have spent hours on the phone with Koodo support and a very friendly expert from Telus who gave me several phone calls. We tried all kinds of settings and resets and reboots and whatnot.

I really appreciate everybody’s attempts to help here, but it is inane to answer all the same questions and suggestions over and over again. Likewise, it is a waste of your time to type out recommendations that have been made and failed.  If the thread was here, anyone could see all the things I have tried and tested.

Today, I paired my phone with messages.android.com - I thought maybe I can  access my MMS that way.  No dice. The download just never comes through.

The search option on the website is not the best so I’m not sure how having old threads could help a new user out. Every time I’ve tried searching something I ended up nowhere near the answer I was looking. 

Also, about the messages.google.com and MMS situation, why doesn’t it work? It works fine on my end. I’m able to receive and send MMS thru the website without any problems. 

Badge +4

I was going to respond to your last (deleted) post having found some information on SMS error code 500. The error comes back as unknown but is somehow linked to a problem with the SMS gateway. My thought and a longshot at that was that perhaps your friend might be with Rogers which still uses a 2G network, (decommissioning of their 2G network happens December 31, 2020). There may be a mixup as to how SMS messages are delivered/received to and from that one particular number.

Did you ask the TELUS expert about the SMS error?