Koodo Community
Proposed

security levels following accounts compromised

• 7 March 2020
  • 8 replies

I have recently been notified of the 2017 data being sold online.

I would like to sign up for a service where I can choose my level of security. Such as my account cannot be changed unless I come down to a koodo store in person and present id.

My wifes account had previously been compromised due to online messaging at telus which then let them take over several e-mail accounts. They had also inserted themselves for permanent imap access on some of them. 

I have been technically waiting for an online security company to offer online numbers for authentication purposes which can never be moved, but why not sell this service yourself?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Apparently you can request extra security on your account by sending a private message to Koodo on Facebook.

Edit: oh wait, the above has to do with porting out. If you were affected from the security breach, you should have been contacted privately and notified of what happened, and what Koodo is doing about it (just got this information).

Facebook doesn’t seem like the greatest medium for that sort of security request. Also hard for some people to find the right ones owned by koodo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Facebook doesn’t seem like the greatest medium for that sort of security request. Also hard for some people to find the right ones owned by koodo. 

You can also request a call back from koodo via koodo assist

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help?autobots=rollout

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The Koodo private message link for Facebook is at the bottom of this page (white letter f).

I do agree with you that Facebook isn’t the best way to contact a company (I would personally NEVER use it), but it’s the one Koodo recommends for issues like that :relaxed: Or, as Dennis suggested, request a call back.

Userlevel 6

Hi! To send a message Facebook you can use this link - m.me/Koodo   If you prefer using Twitter, you can DM us here: https://twitter.com/koodo 

If you feel more comfortable going in the store, you can visit the closest location to verify the ID and ask to have a special instruction added. You can discuss the additional security layers in-store with our colleagues. :) 

Hi! To send a message Facebook you can use this link - m.me/Koodo   If you prefer using Twitter, you can DM us here: https://twitter.com/koodo 

If you feel more comfortable going in the store, you can visit the closest location to verify the ID and ask to have a special instruction added. You can discuss the additional security layers in-store with our colleagues. :) 

Is there an page up about this security breach? Looked and haven’t found one.

Have only read a media article about it.

Between wife, brother & his wife we have 4 accounts but haven’t  received any notification about a breach to our accounts. 

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Craig Hunt Only customers who were impacted received notifications. 

On March 12, 2020, I have received a notification that my account has been compromised. Should I be getting a new account number as well as phone number? When you say fraudsters are receiving my phone calls and texts, are you suggesting these are rerouted to another, or shared?

Do they have access to all info on my phone?ie contacts, data, passwords??