Koodo Community

Community

Implemented

Reward long time customers with all the "new customer only" offers

Userlevel 7
Time after time we keep seeing ideas for rewarding long time customers. Especially when long time customers can't get special offers .gift cards with new phones, special rate plans) forcing customers to leave because let's face it, Koodo is a copy of Fido without the Spotify. So my idea is simple, customers of say 3+ years get access to those special offers. Rewarding them for their continued patronage, and keeps them with you. The offers already exist, so instead of loosing people to Fido or Virgin keep the long time customers and make them feel appreciated.

21 replies

Userlevel 7
To prevent abuse koodo could even implement a limit on how often long time customers could take advantage of these deals. I like the idea. Hopefully Koodo will too.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

To prevent abuse koodo could even implement a limit on how often long time customers could take a...

Yeah, and possibly increase the amount every additional year they stick to Koodo
Userlevel 2
Chad Burr wrote:

To prevent abuse koodo could even implement a limit on how often long time customers could take a...

I have talked to Koodo many times. Their response is the same like "Unfortunately we don't have loyalty program/retention promotion for "long-time customers".
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

See my post below which includes all the things that Koodo does for existing customers now.
A lot of it is recent, a lot of it has been around a while.
Chad Burr wrote:

Ive been with Koodo since they first launched ... over 7 years now. I had to call and pull a fit in order to get somewhere with the retention department after 7 years of loyal service. There definately is a retention/loyalty service and they put you through when they want to. Appreciate the customers you have it costs you more to advertise to get the new ones then it does to retain the ones you already have ! Simple known marketing fact
Userlevel 6
Hi Mathieu, There are now a lot of deals that are available for existing customers. For example, they now get coupons in their email or text that gives them extra discount towards their phone. Existing customers also get $5 off certain rate plans, to name a few. Koodos existing customer promos doesn't normally get advertised as heavily compared to Virgin or Fido.
Userlevel 7
Erwin wrote:

Hi Mathieu, There are now a lot of deals that are available for existing customers. For exampl...

I have not gotten any such emails or texts
Userlevel 7
Erwin wrote:

Hi Mathieu, There are now a lot of deals that are available for existing customers. For exampl...

Yeah Erwin, please share. I've never heard about any of this
Userlevel 4
Erwin wrote:

I never got any emails with any specials from koodo
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

I'm not going against your statement, I agree about more promos. Who doesn't like those?
Userlevel 7
Erwin wrote:

Ummm no , tell us about the promos! I might switch to a plan to get 5$ off.
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

Existing customers get special promos via SMS.
as well in 99% of cases a existing customers can take advantage of promo plans that come out.
there are handsets out with special prices on renewals only, not on new activations.
You also have access to rate plans that are $5 off regular full price plans.

Koodo is not lacking in existing customer support.
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

like $35 200 min and 100 mb, you can get for 30
same with the 300/300 the $95 5gb
any regular price plan you can get $5 off.
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

like $35 200 min and 100 mb, you can get for 30
same with the 300/300 the $95 5gb
any regular price plan you can get $5 off.
Userlevel 7
Erwin wrote:

In support? No. In allowing existing customers to take part in special pricing yes. Which plans offer 5$ off for existing customers?
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

When you get a new phone with Koodo as an existing customer you can still access the plans as they were a few months ago in case you wanted to adjust.

$30 - $90
100mb to 5gb etc
Userlevel 7
Erwin wrote:

Why is this not indicated anywhere????
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

Beats me.
All i'm saying is that between the SMS promos, renewal exclusive pricing (for example htc m8 is $15 a month for new customers but $7 a month for existing)
And these plans, PLUS the ability to switch to promo plans when they come out (fido and virgin dont always do this) Koodo takes care of its own.
Userlevel 7
Erwin wrote:

Lol we can switch to promo plans when they come out? You got that wrong. You got it the opposite two! Black Friday Koodo was the only one giving a hard time to existing customers to get the deals
Userlevel 6
Erwin wrote:

You literally just contradicted yourself.
You said koodo doesn't let you do it, then said black friday was the only time they didn't let you do it... and the reason why you couldn't on black firday was because it wasn't a promo plan, the plan still state 1gb, but if you got a phone they gave you a bonus gb as an add-on but your plan was still the same. In fact at the time is was 1gb for 49, which was a promo plan... and existing customers got it 😛

Regardless, you and I both know that if the plan is in the same tab tier you can switch to it anytime penalty-free, that's been the case with all the other plans including the current 2gb for 60 or the......
Userlevel 4
It will be almost one year since i moved over to koodo from being with Telus for 15 years i like the deal i got with koodo $34 a month with unlimited Canada wide minutes and 1gb of data a great plan only wish I had 2gb of data instead of one but i will stay with koodo while i got this great plan