Koodo Community

Putting Usage Meter for International Minutes in Self Serve Account

I would like to suggest including a usage meter to track international minutes in the Self Serve account. This would be extremely useful for customers that have the add-on for 1,000 international minutes.

Currently, users have to scroll through the call logs to figure out how many minutes are being used. This is extremely annoying when you cannot filter the results. Since these international calls are not considered long-distance minutes, there is no other way to check than to manually go through each page and calculate the amount.

It’s ironic that there are separate usage meters for U.S. text messages and Canadian text messages, but the same is not yet done for international calls and Canada-wide calls.

Fido has been offering this service to their customers in their accounts by letting them know how many minutes are left out of the 1,000 international minutes. It would be great if Koodo could do something similar and make it easier for users to check their usage.

The other option is to tally after each call you make so you don't have to scroll through logs.

The CRTC ruled minutes are easier to manage yourself than data so they don't have to. I don't expect them to do it.

I gave you an up vote because I do like the idea FWIW

@MilkyWay  There is a way to check the minutes….it’s not a countdown of your 1,000 min use but helpful nonetheless.

When you log in and check your usage look the drop down window allows to show you only long distance calls:

If most of your calls are international this page will tally the total. 

@MilkyWay  There is a way to check the minutes….it’s not a countdown of your 1,000 min use but helpful nonetheless.

When you log in and check your usage look the drop down window allows to show you only long distance calls:

If most of your calls are international this page will tally the total. 

Since it’s part of an add-on, it doesn’t show up there. They don’t count as long-distance minutes.

As I mentioned earlier in my post, you cannot filter the results, so you have to end up scrolling through the entire call log and add it up.

I like Koodo service very much but this limitation puts me to give low rating. It's not something we ask new as Fido and Virginia give separate tracker for real time details on how many international minutes (add on) were used and balance.left  Does Koodo take care of this. I still hope that Koodo listens customer's needs and adresses. 

I like Koodo service very much but this limitation puts me to give low rating. It's not something we ask new as Fido and Virginia give separate tracker for real time details on how many international minutes (add on) were used and balance.left  Does Koodo take care of this. I still hope that Koodo listens customer's needs and adresses. 

I agree with you. The other carriers have done this already, which makes it much easier to track the number of international minutes used. Why can’t Koodo do the same? 

You can’t even filter it, since Koodo does not label these calls properly. On the Self Serve portal, it doesn’t show them as long-distance calls. The only way to track it is to scroll through the entire call log and calculate manually to figure it out. It gets annoying really quickly.

It has also come to my attention that this issue was mentioned in another post quite a while ago, yet nothing has been done so far. @Bernard Koodo, based on your reply in the other post, does the team have any plans to implement this or not? 

Plus.. Manual calculation also seems to be not easier way out. You can’t export to Excel easily to filter by destination and number. Thought Koodo is best among equals. Seems to be revising my rating. Last among equals i appropriate one if options are limited like this.

Updated idea statusProposedUnder Review