Koodo Community

Community

Not planned

Private Message Option

Userlevel 1
Is it possible to enable PM's within the community? I'm sure there are times when one community member would like to communicate privately. Most other sites I participate on have PM as an option.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
While I agree it'd be nice, most other forums that have a PM system are old looking & use an older outdated network behind the scenes.. Koodo uses a service provided by https://getsatisfaction.com/ which has a more modern look & infrastructure from what I've seen. I'm sure Badge Ville took time to implement & am confident they're working on other things.
Userlevel 1
John Burke wrote:

While I agree it'd be nice, most other forums that have a PM system are old looking & use an olde...

As long as it works, I don't care if it's outdated. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

While I agree it'd be nice, most other forums that have a PM system are old looking & use an olde...

You can always do what I've seen others on here do & get the person to private message you on a social site like Facebook.
Userlevel 1
John Burke wrote:

Kid's recco makes most sense.
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

Better to have the private messaging function here on this site. Why go to another site to pm someone? That in itself seems kind of outmoded. I log in through Get Satisfaction, not FB.
Userlevel 3
John Burke wrote:

As John said, likely the getsatisfaction guys who need to implement that function. And from what I can tell it may mean that all of their customers would have to have that option too, which they may not want to.
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

An option for the user to "hide" themselves in the event they didn't want to use the private messaging feature could be implemented.
Userlevel 1
John Burke wrote:

John, if getsatisfaction uses a more modern look and infrastructure, then it should be simple and offered now. I'm on quite a few forums and most have PM options. Just saying.
Userlevel 7
John Burke wrote:

Honestly I've asked a few people to find me on fb. I prefer not to have my second email account flodded with personal appearance requests and autograph queries. After all the mobile masters are like david hasslehoff up in here. <≠ sarcasm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

Lol @ Chad B
Userlevel 2
Hey Samsvoc, John is correct here. It would be up to the team behind Get Satisfaction to implement a PM functionality. I do agree that it is a nice idea 🙂.