Koodo Community

Community

Personal Info Banner

Userlevel 1
This might have been mentioned before but I am too lazy to dive into the forum to find it. When using the Community, maybe have a bright coloured banner on EVERY PAGE to let everyone know not to include personal information. I've seen many people post numbers, email addresses, etc. I've also seen detailed posts about this subject but it still happens. I don't know about everyone else, but when I see a bright pink banner above the topics, my eyes fixate on that to see what it's about

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ya been mentioned before but I strongly agree that a big flashing notification should be evident telling Noobs about this 🙂
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Ya been mentioned before but I strongly agree that a big flashing notification should be evident ...

I'm on this site almost daily and I still focus on the Double Data/Minutes banner even though I saw it the day before...flashing lights and shiny things also distract me...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Ya been mentioned before but I strongly agree that a big flashing notification should be evident ...

Again I completely agree I will always look at what a flashing or scrolling banner says. Starfox you've had me smiling all day today with your witty remarks 🙂
Userlevel 1

Glad I can be of assistance 🙂
Userlevel 1

Given the infrequency of posts with personal info this maybe an overkill. To put something loud up there for far less than 1% may not make sense. It's not like it's your banking info. It's often just an email address or phone number. None of it is particularly earthshattering.
Userlevel 1

Depending on the individual who sees said info, it can be earthshattering. I'm pretty sure it's alot more than 1%. I'm not asking for anything dominant, just something simple. Even when people post for the first time, when they set up the profile, have something there to let them know. I don't remember seeing one when I set up my profile

Much of the personal information posted to this site comes from here: http://koodomobile.com/en/on/contact.shtml Fortunately we are updating the design to make it much more clear over the next few days.
Userlevel 1

Would there be something implimented if an email address or phone number was part of the post, it would not allow the post unless the info is removed?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Great News Nathan, Keep up the great work Sir 🙂
Userlevel 1
I just noticed 2 people this morning posting personal info, even with that warning in the link you posted. Can we make that warning a little more dominant?