Koodo Community
Planned

Network Down Alert

• 22 November 2011
  • 3 replies

Badge +4
If the Koodo Mobile server is down for maintenance, is there some way you can inform your customers of this event? Either by a pre-recorded system-wide message when calling *611. Or a system-generated text message alerting customers to the outtage. Problematic Link: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/homepage Error Message: A communication failure has occurred. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider.

3 replies

Userlevel 1
That is a good suggestion rikkster. The error message was intended to be notification to the user that is using the service, whereas recording messages on *611 are typically used for extreme cases where there are high call volumes because of a certain issue. I do see your point though, and I will share your feedback with the rest of my Koodo team. Thanks rikkster!
Badge +4
This is and continues to be an all-day system-wide technical issue with one of your servers affecting more than just myself (confirmed by not one but two Koodo technical support representatives). It boggles the mind, why you wouldn't consider this to be an extreme case. If you are able to record a high call-volume message, then surely there must be a way to record a message that states one of your servers is down. Your competitors are able to do this whenever there is a problem...
Userlevel 1
This is and continues to be an all-day system-wide technical issue with one of your servers affec...I respect your opinion, you definitely have some valid points. We will take this into consideration.