Koodo Community
Implemented

missed call text alerts

I was a Koodo customer before. Then I switched to WIND. Now I'm back again. In most respects, I'm happier with my service here, but I do notice I miss a few services that WIND has. One of those is a text message alert if you missed a call while your phone was off/out of service (which, with WIND, happened constantly). While my service is great, my phone isn't always on, and it would be nice to know if someone tried to call me without hoping they've left a voicemail. Rogers offers this too, though I'm not sure about other carriers. It'd be nice if Koodo had it.

8 replies

Userlevel 2
If you miss a call, you get the missed call icon on your phone. I don't really see how a text message offers this any better since a text message and a missed call both have an icon that show up on the phone.
If your phone is off and doesn't receive the call, you get no alert.
Userlevel 2
You wouldn't get a notification either way if your phone is off/out of service. Perhaps I'm missing something here.
I'll try explaining it a little differently: - If your phone is on and in service, and someone calls you, the call will connect, and your phone will ring. If it is ignored or unanswered, it will forward to voicemail, and you'll get an alert on your phone about the missed call. - If your phone is off and not in service, the call will not connect, and will be immediately forwarded to voicemail (or a message about unavailability for the handful of customers without voicemail). Since the call didn't connect, your phone doesn't know about it and you currently won't get an alert. What I'm looking for in this case is a text message from Koodo that says something like "While you were away, ###-###-#### tried to call you at hh:mm MM-dd-YYYY." WIND and Rogers both offer this service as part of their voicemail system. From my understanding of how calls/call forwarding works, the system should even already know the difference between a missed/ignored call and an unavailable client, and ideally only send a text if the phone was off/out of service. However, I'd settle for a text message every time so that missed calls don't go completely unnoticed.
Userlevel 2
Hello! We don’t offer that service. We don’t know if/when it will be available with Koodo, however we do appreciate your feedback. Thanks for your understanding.
Is this service available? I want missed call text alerts! My phone is off a lot during the work day and I want to know which calls did not connect to my device.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No. It's not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is this service available? I want missed call text alerts! My phone is off a lot during the work day and I want to know which calls did not connect to my device.

You could put it on 'Do Not Disturb' instead, and you would get the info on missed calls, and, of course, and voicemails left for you.