Koodo Community
Proposed

Minor website suggestion -- See data usage immediately after log on

• 7 November 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
99% of the time that I log on is to see my data usage. Would be nice to see data usage immediately after logging on. Not necessarily taking me to that specific section right away but maybe displaying data usage on the side somewhere. Having it always display in some small area, regardless of what page you're on might be nice also.

Again, minor thing since it's only one click I'm saving after log on but would like to see that.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This already exists. On the mobile site after you login you can click view usage and data usage appears on top
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This already exists. On the mobile site after you login you can click view usage and data usage appears on top

@Dennis When you log in on either site, it takes you to the Overview page, which does not show much other than your account number and links to view your bil, view your usage, view your tab balance, view your rate plan.

I think what @Lorne Klassen was suggesting was making at least your data usage visible right away. This could be accomplished by redesigning the overview page. As it stands, it isn't much of an overview page! It would be great if it surfaced your data pie chart right away. Actually--upon further thought, why not merge the usage page as-is right into the overview page?

Here's a mock-up of what I'm thinking:

Userlevel 1
Yes, I was thinking something like that. One click saved. Shouldn't be too difficult and would be a small (but nice) improvement.
Badge +4
It is fine the way it is. Takes 1 click to view your data usage. It isn't that hard to click to see the info you want. Some people want to see data and some want to see other info. Billing info is also important.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Lorne, Thanks for the suggestion! Just wondering, given you have a shock-free-data plan from us, do you not find the notifications we send about customers' data use frequent enough and the hence the reason for checking the usage page? Just trying to understand what's behind the need. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Bernard Koodo I don't speak for @Lorne Klassen of course, but 50/90/100% notification isn't terribly granular. Some people like to check pretty regularly to see how they are progressing throughout the month to make sure they're not trending toward overages. I have more than enough data in my plan so I don't check very often but definitely at least a few times a month. Occasionally an app can lock up in a loop in the background chewing up a bunch of data (my mother experienced this a couple of months ago with Listonic grocery list app--it normally uses maybe 20-30MB through the month for ads and syncing but one month managed to consume 160MB of her fairly limited 500MB plan--just as an example). Or occasionally I'll turn off my WiFi while I'm out for a walk and forget to turn it back on when I return home and will stream some YouTube. I'd rather notice this stuff sooner than when I hit 50/90/100%.

@Mats pre-paid plans show data consumption right on the Overview page (at least based on my previous Public Mobile experience, which shares back-end systems with Koodo pre-paid); why not offer this on post-paid plans too? It doesn't have to be the pie charts as shown in my illustration--a simple table showing x of y MB data used, x of y minutes (assuming a metered plan) used, and x of y text messages (assuming a metered plan) used. It doesn't have to replace the payment info but could augment the Overview page and actually give you an overview of something other than just your payment info. The link to usage could still be there (despite my removing it from my mock up image) to take you to the existing usage page with the pie charts and drill-down to more details. I don't see the harm here.
Userlevel 1
Well said @srlawren. I dont have much to add.

@Bernard Koodo, the text notifications i get are useful. My suggestion is not meant as a replacement. But I only have a 4 GB plan and I want to check where I'm at quite often so that I can pace myself during the 30 days. Thought if it were a simple change to the website, it would be worth it to save a click and three seconds of waiting.