Koodo Community

Community

Let original poster determine if the question has been answered

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I've noticed that there are many posted questions are marked as "answered" when they really have not been answered. Who makes this choice? I think that this is important as it may make people stay away from the topic and then the answer will never come. I don't always click on topics that are marked as "answered". If this is something on Get Satisfaction's end, then please do forward this to them.

34 replies

Userlevel 6
What if the original poster doesn't mark the post as answered when it really was? Who would do it then?
Userlevel 7
Moderator s only. have that ability
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Moderator s only. have that ability

I know that only moderators have that ability and therein lies the problem.
Userlevel 4
Totally valid suggestion. I have seen some past posts, just like ile2010, where they have not been answered, or answered incorrectly. I can't give any specifics, unfortunately, but they do exist lol
How many original posters come back after their question has been answered? Not very many. I believe this would be something that Get Satisfaction would need to implement as well. I don't think Koodo can set the permissions directly.
Userlevel 1
Hey ile, I can confirm that this is a Get Satisfaction feature - only moderators can mark a question as answered. While I understand that it may be frustrating to see your question marked as answered when you don't feel as though it was answered properly, moderator privileges work best when there are few people with them. What we can do is be more careful when marking questions as answered in the future.
Userlevel 7
Hey ile2010, could you post some actual links to questions that weren't answered properly and were marked answered? If this problem is as widespread as you say, we certainly don't see it at the moment
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

Hey ile2010, could you post some actual links to questions that weren't answered properly and wer...

http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/anybody_else_having_problems_with_the_hotmail_app_on_jb xD
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

Hey ile2010, could you post some actual links to questions that weren't answered properly and wer...

I'm a bit confused by this one Don, I see a lot of helpful answers on the thread you've posted. Are you saying that there wasn't an official answer from Koodo and that's why it shouldn't have been labelled as answered or... the community didn't provide answers that were helpful?
Userlevel 1
Ahmad wrote:

At first, none of the answers were answering my question and it was tagged as answered. A moderator changed it then someone gave me the answer to my problem.
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

I'd like to see a little more transparency on this forum when it comes to Koodo employees archiving threads. I've noticed a few times where a valid question or comment has been posted, and a Koodo employee archives the post quickly so that it doesn't appear openly on the forum. This should be an open forum, to discuss good things about koodo, but also negative things if they come up, without koodo employees playing PR card and picking which threads show Koodo in the best light. Example: When the prepaid service was down earlier this year, I posted a question asking what exactly happened and if anything was going to be done to ensure this didn't happen again. Pretty valid question imo. I then get an email saying that Koodo employee Ashley replied to the thread. Cool. She said it was a good question and answered it, providing some useful information. I then got another email telling me the thread was archived. Not Cool.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

Once the question is answered which it was then it is taken off the questions that need answers section, it's not hidden.
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

It was "archived" instantly, so that it doesn't show up on the main page. I see numerous threads right now on the main page that have all been answered, some of them days and even weeks ago, yet they remain unarchived. I therefor am left to conclude that Koodo employees actively monitor this board and archive threads that they don't think are favourable to Koodos public perception, even if the question/comment is legitimate. Which is fine, this is their forum and they can do what they want, I just find it less then transparent and in my personal opinion the intent is clear, it has nothing to do with automatically archiving answered threads, it's about removing threads that aren't a positive reflection on koodo.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Go check out phone suggestion for my dad
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

perfect example.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

umm that post contains lots of negatives about Koodo and it has yet to be archived.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

So what is it a perfect example of.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

Like Chad said, perfect example of Koodo not archiving things that they think are bad for their rep, like you suggested, mattjs http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/phone_suggestion_for_my_dad
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

...that's my point though, it was answered but not archived. Mine was instantly archived. So it shows that the Koodo PR team that monitor this board pick and choose which threads to archive. The service outage is obviously something that struck a chord and warranted instantaneous action. Every single network operator is going to have an outage at some point, it really isn't that big of a deal. In regards to this forum though, I just don't think it creates an open and transparent community when Koodo employees are picking and choosing what can and can't be seen by the public.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

You're reading a lot into that.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

OR it could have been an accident? You need to learn to differentiate a coincidence from actuality. If it happened only one time AND it hasn't happened to others, common sense would tell me that is not a conspiracy theory. And trust me, there have been a lot more worse threads than yours.
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

Ahmed, with all due respect, you're a mobile master on this board and your position on matters of this nature is obvious, I would expect you to say exactly what you're saying, and I'm sure those at Koodo who chose you for that position would agree, you're doing a great job. Maybe it was a mistake, I obviously don't know as I wasn't the one who archived it, just like you don't know either. Regardless, to me is seems strategic, this isn't the first time I've noticed something along these lines. If it was in fact deliberate, that's cool, I understand why they might go that route with certain threads, I just don't think it fosters an open and transparent community. If it was an accident, then that's cool as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ahmad wrote:

It seems to usually get archived right away if an actual koodo employee answers it because they are the final word & sometimes by Mobile Masters if they feel 100% that the answer another poster has given or them is 100% correct & nothing needs to be added. This seems to help prevent clogging up questions with many unneeded answers just because ppl seem to want to be heard. I have noticed however that in some question posts the answer is given & then for some odd reason a MM will repeat the exact same answer I've given before the archive it. The older MM don't do this they just simply see that I or someone else has given the exact answer & they archive it with no need to repeat the answer already given. I'm not sure why some MM feel this is needed but it's not in my opinion, but that's just my opinion.
Userlevel 2
Ahmad wrote:

If that's how you feel Kid then that's how you feel, you're entitled to it and should be able to express that. I'm sure others feel the same way. It's very 'cliquey' around here at times I've found with some of the regulars.
Userlevel 7
Ahmad wrote:

TBH I have never used the archive button but I have marked questions as answered. And I find it insulting you would think were shills for management to use to conduct some covert archiving. The truth is our liason (yeah i said liason) has told us to just keep doing what we were doing including giving our honest opinion even if that meant unlockibg or rooting a phone. It's not some illuminati plot Hansy.