Koodo Community

Community

Planned

Koodo should have Live chat support

Userlevel 6
I realize it's not something that will be super easy to implement but it would work like this: When a User logs into the Community there's a box on the right underneath the Leaderboard that shows the status of specific members - I think only the Employees & Mobile Masters should be listed. Then the Community members are able to initiate a live chat with those people. When the member attempts to initiate the live chat the Employee / Mobile Master would have the choice to either accept the or decline. If they decline the member must create a thread as they would now. I just think this would be a nice thing to have for Koodo subscribers that are in need of immediate help unable to reach Koodo. I like that Bell's site prompts for live chat so was thinking Koodo could use this type of thing though a bit different. What you guys think? And would you like to help people out live if you were to become a Mobile Master?

51 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I like it & I'd be up to help ppl live, I'm basically doing it now. Sometimes you have to ask a question like what device they have and then who knows when they are going to get back to answer that follow up question if at all. Live chat would get them there answer right away without waiting for simple back and forth to find out what exactly the situation is. I like it. - KID ANDROID. ( Team.Android.Canada)
Userlevel 3
Thats a great Idea
Userlevel 7
I'm not a mobile master yet but I would love to do live chat assistance... it could fill in my slower days at work or my days off at home and I always love helping people. I don't work enough as it is with 52+ hour weeks 😛
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm not a mobile master yet but I would love to do live chat assistance... it could fill in my sl...

I love the "yet" part 😉
Userlevel 7
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm not a mobile master yet but I would love to do live chat assistance... it could fill in my sl...

Shh! lol
Userlevel 7
Yeah well for me it's a downtime hobby. I drive and work 70hrs a week, I wouldn't be able to participate like that. And I think my wife would kill me if I devoted another second to the community lol.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Yeah well for me it's a downtime hobby. I drive and work 70hrs a week, I wouldn't be able to par...

Just a thought on this, at the moment, the system searches through thy myriad of already answered questions to perhaps provide an answer. This knowledge base may be lacking if the opportunity for others to view and comment is removed. Unless a transcript of the chat is made available as a topic.
Userlevel 2
Hey John, this is a great idea and we'll take it under consideration. Should we make a decision on this, we will let everyone know 🙂.
This is definitely a cool idea! Give the person that needs an answer something more immediate rather than sitting by their computer refreshing, and it allows less threads full of "What kind of phone do you have", "Did you buy it from Koodo or bring it in from somewhere else", "Did you try this", followed by hours of waiting for someone to reply! I also like the idea of making the transcripts available though so you can cut down on repeat conversations!
Userlevel 1
Yeah, Bell has this but have you ever used it? I tried once, after an hour of waiting for an agent and no response it kicked me out to a survey asking how pleased I was with their chat support. This wasn't the reason I am no longer their customer but oddly I am no longer their customer (for other reasons) 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I'd implement this a bit differently than originally suggested. I'd have the user request live chat service, but not aimed directly at any employee or volunteer. If there is anyone online qualified to provide an answer, the user would be placed in a queue - first come, first serve. Perhaps the system could let the user know how many user are ahead and how many "advisors" are online. If there is nobody online or if the wait is too long, the user could be redirected to post a standard forum question.
Userlevel 7
the problem I see in this is it will only benefit the usrwho initiates a chat. at least in this forum we are public and everyone who might have a similar issue can try the solution provided. if another volunteer notices something missing from a solution then they can comment and provide that information. a one on one chat doesn't allow for community involvement.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

the problem I see in this is it will only benefit the usrwho initiates a chat. at least in thi...

Good point. We've all made mistakes when offering advice and other users participating are able to correct them.
Chad Burr wrote:

the problem I see in this is it will only benefit the usrwho initiates a chat. at least in thi...

I've lost my contract. How do I find out what MY plan covers? Also how can I check to see what I was charged on a long distance call to the US yesterday???
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Login to self serve. All you need should be there.
Chad Burr wrote:

I need some direction on how to find it as I can only see what was on my last bill not what I was charged yesterday and I can't seem to find what my contract covers.
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

Hey Dianne, we'd love to help. Would you mind creating a brand new thread from this link: http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo? It will help the entire community find your question and help you faster. Click in the white space of 'Ask a Question' and click 'Continue'. Thanks so much!

love it love it love it, cannot wait for it, hopefully it comes soon
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There all ready is kind of a way to make it somewhat live chat in a way or at least get ppl their answer basically instantly. There's what 6 or so mobile Masters and a few more should be coming soon so there's like 10 ppl who will always be here to help. Well those ppl just need to set their mobile device up to have an email sent every time a new question is posted and set their device to notify them of a new email when Koodo emails come into them. I have it set up this way, well I did but the barrage of emails when the contest came about had me shut notifications off. So it's still up to them when they want to shut the notification off or turn them on also. I know it's not actual live chat but it's close.
Userlevel 7
Before the contest we were usually within a minute to answer. That changed to over a minute. Since they stopped pushing the contesy alot of thee crapola posters flew away faster than (insert offensive remark). I've turned my notifications back on and It's really back to almost normal now with a few exceptions.
Hello all! Could someone tell me on what wireless standard Koodo does operate? I need to know to make decision what GSM module to get for my project to be able to connect and operate on Koodo network. It seems that general public including sales people has no idea of what I am asking. Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alex Handy wrote:

Hello all! Could someone tell me on what wireless standard Koodo does operate? I need to know t...

Koodo uses HSPA+ 850 / 1900 and LTE Band 4 2100mHz
Alex Handy wrote:

Hello all! Could someone tell me on what wireless standard Koodo does operate? I need to know t...

I guess I am out of luck since no SIM900 modules support this band... Go Rogers, which is the last place I'd go to... Anyways, thank you for dispersing my doubts.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Alex Handy wrote:

Rogers ouch that sucks, yeah good luck with them lol
Alex Handy wrote:

Actually, not that bad for a fixed plan 85$ a year just SMS sevice, which is what I need... Does anybody know what network type Rogers run? My device is only compatible with 2G either GSM900 or GSM1800. Could somebody confirm?