Koodo Community

Community

Koodo should at least try to offer the same price if another company offers you a deal.

Userlevel 1
Explained the offer I received from another company to a CSR and asked if koodo could equalize it because I'd like to stay with them (it's been more than 3 years now). The rep just told me they can not offer me anything, and simply advised me to switch companies before the end of my billing cycle. Good job guys.

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Weird that they advised you to switch. But no one at Koodo can modify the plans or prices, they're pretty tight, plus that would be unfair to the million other customers. But what was this deal that has you so ready to switch? and with which company?
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

Weird that they advised you to switch. But no one at Koodo can modify the plans or prices, the...

[i][...] plus that would be unfair to the million other customers [...] Many Koodo customers, including myself, are staying for this exact reason. We want fairness to all users. All the same plans available to every customer, old and/or new.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

Weird that they advised you to switch. But no one at Koodo can modify the plans or prices, the...

I personally don't care so much about "fairness" to other customers when it comes to loyalty. If I've been with a company for a long time and someone offers me a much better deal, then I would consider switching (providing that I don't have previous beef with said company). If I'm happy with my current provider, I would prefer to stay, even if the deal isn't as good - if they show me some appreciation for the thousands of dollars I've given them over the years. Though, I wouldn't have any beef with Koodo for not offering me a special plan. I'm the one trying to change the terms of our business deal and they don't have to accept my terms. I am free to take my business elsewhere if that works best for me. Capitalism is supposed to foster competition. My financial resources are finite.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

By the way, how "fair" is regional pricing to the majority of the subscriber base (those outside SK/MB/QC)?
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

Oh, that's just Koodo responding to markets where there's actually competition. Y'know how it is.
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

Ivan, no one said regional pricing was "fair". But since every carrier is doing it, and I needed one for my wireless needs, I simply chose the "lesser evil" of the bunch. RedFlagDeals is full of retention deals and then you have people angry they can't have what X or Y got by crying over the phone. At least, Koodo gives everyone the same (albeit not so great) plans and has no retentions, so I don't have to ask myself every now and then if I should call in and negotiate. Regional pricing is a sin all of them are into, however 😞 I agree with the "I'll switch for a better deal" though.
Userlevel 1
Bell offered me a plan with unlimited provincial calling and 1gb of data for 42,50$. Pretty much the equivalent of the 50$ plan koodo has these days. Considering that I'll be keeping my own and unlocked phone, and that I already have other services with Bell.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Tomislav wrote:

Bell offered me a plan with unlimited provincial calling and 1gb of data for 42,50$. Pretty much ...

Damn, that's a very attractive offer. Would never expect to from Bell.
Userlevel 1
Tomislav wrote:

Bell offered me a plan with unlimited provincial calling and 1gb of data for 42,50$. Pretty much ...

I didn't want Koodo to offer the exact same offer. I would accepted if they had offered the plan @ 45$ for example (as they did a little while ago if I remember well).
Userlevel 6
Tomislav wrote:

If you have your own phone Koodo will give you 10% off any plans. So, that $50 plan would cost you $45. Did they not mention that to you? Plus Koodo's plan is nationwide vs. the Bell plan which is provincial. I get there is still a gap in terms of the amount of data you are getting though.
Userlevel 7
To be honest, do whatever fits you best. Sounds like Bell is the better choice here, especially if you get a bundle discount for your other services. Koodo can't be the be all, end all carrier for every customer. I'm with Telus and I wouldn't switch. I'm at $85/month but I have Unlimited Canada-wide calling, texting, and 6GB data and I get to keep it the same whenever I upgrade on 2 years plan for any high end phone Telus has that Koodo doesn't so I double win. I have a Koodo line under my name for my cousin living with us, though.
Unfortunately, we cannot change the features on the plan, if theres any other carrier with a "better plan", go for it, but you mention that Bell is offering "unlimited provincial calling" and Koodo plans are Canada-wide, we respect your decision, its up to you
Userlevel 1
I just wanted to rectify the situation. I finally decided to call back the customer service, took the time to explain the situation and the fact that I'd prefer to stay with Koodo since I've been satisfied with them for a long time (it's been in fact 5 years, time flies!). We discussed and reached an agreement that was sufficient for me to remain a happy Koodo customer. At the end of the day, I was once again impressed with the quality of the service I received.