Koodo Community
Proposed

Koodo's customer service is next to nil

I order the wireless home phone a few days ago and my telephone number was ported to Koodo on November 13.
I called Koodo many times on November 12 and everytime I talked to be automated message. It said that it would send me a code to speed up the conversation and then hung up without letting me to register for a call back.

Then my service worked for a day on November 13 then it did not work anymore. I tried everything I cold before I brought the hub to a Koodo authorized dealer. The girl tested it and put my SIM card in a new hub and it worked. She told me to call Koodo. I told her I don't have a phone at home so I asked if she could call Koodo for me or let me to use the phone in the store because I don't have a phone service at home, she said no because the phone was for her business.

First of all, there is no way a hub would last only for a day. That girl accused that I did something with the hub, I asked her what I could do with the box besides plug and unplug the hub.
Second of all, there is no way to get in touch with Koodo. I tried the "ask me" online and I did not get any answer at all.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So it's not working again? You can take out the sim card and put it back in and power it back on. Is it showing a red light? What exactly is happening when it's not working? If it's red it's defective and you'll have to go in to return it and get a new one.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
hi Samsonmq,
If you don't have a phone number for texting you could go here www.koodo.com/chat, you should be able to setup a callback to the number you enter (without texting).

You device could be a bad one as mentioned by Goran, you should be able to return (within 15days) or setup a repair as per their policy https://www.koodomobile.com/help/warranty-and-repair-policy
Goran wrote:

So it's not working again? You can take out the sim card and put it back in and power it back on. Is it showing a red light? What exactly is happening when it's not working? If it's red it's defective and you'll have to go in to return it and get a new one.

The girl at Koodo tested my hub and it did not work (I even brought my home phone there). After she take out my SIM card to another hub and it worked on the other hub. I tired with another phone, changed all the cables, it still did not work So it must be the problem of my hub. All the lights are fine with my hub, it just says "no line".

I did try to setup a callback but I have no phone service. So I asked them to email me, but I did not even receive any email.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can return the hub to the location you purchased it within 15 days of purchase.
David AKU wrote:

You can return the hub to the location you purchased it within 15 days of purchase.

I bought it online and I don't have any mean to call them at the moment.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can email the web store, and ask for a return envelope.
Koodo Webstore:
If you need assistance with an order you placed online at koodomobile.com, contact the Koodo Webstore team at koodo.webstore@koodomobile.com or dial https://tel:1-844-566-3697. Please have your order number handy.