Koodo Community

Koodo promotions for current users

I read many complaints regarding the inability of current Koodo users to benefit from new promotions. Usually, the promotion targets new users or requires existing users to upgrade their phones. Since one of Koodo’s goal is to secure its current membership, please consider making all promotions applicable to existing users who upgrade their phones OR agree to stay with Koodo for a TBD (1 year) period.  This will enable existing users, who do not wish to buy a new phone, to benefit from Koodo promotions and secure Koodo’s customer commitment for the TBD agreed period of time.

This very frustrating! We have been loyal customers for 10 years with 2 phones- we have bought most phones from koodo and yet the plan most advantageous to us now is only on offer to new customers!

I would happily agree to stay for a year if we could get it

More and more loyal customers voice their frustration of being excluded from new promotions are considering moving to other providers. The promotions are intended to attract new customers to join Koodo or to secure existing customers to stay longer (until they complete Tab payments for newly purchased phones). In the mean time, excluding existing customers who do not want to buy a new phone, frustrates loyal customers and makes them feel left out of the new deals.  As I suggested before,  Koodo should consider allowing loyal customers to take advantage of promotions by either buying a new phone OR, as an alternative,  committing to staying longer (TBD 1 year) with koodo. This is a win-win solution to retain Koodo’s frustrated customers and ensure that they will stay longer with Koodo.

Yes.. totally agree. I'm on $40/8G plan. I want to get a tab on a phone. But they won't allow me to do so. No tab for me if I stay on current monthly plan. The rep said: I have to upgrade to the recent website list plans inorder to get a tab on a phone. So I'm left out. Frustrated.. Koodo pretty much left the Royalty customers in the cold .. 👎

There is a good promotion in Virgin mobile the same as Koodo promotion for new activation and my wife asking me to switch to Virgin!  We are with Koodo for 7 years and I love Koodo but it makes sense to switch to Virgin to get much more data limit. I’m wondering if Koodo has a Loyalty department to keep current customers with Koodo. 

More and more loyal customers voice their frustration of being excluded from new promotions are considering moving to other providers. The promotions are intended to attract new customers to join Koodo or to secure existing customers to stay longer (until they complete Tab payments for newly purchased phones). In the mean time, excluding existing customers who do not want to buy a new phone, frustrates loyal customers and makes them feel left out of the new deals.  As I suggested before,  Koodo should consider allowing loyal customers to take advantage of promotions by either buying a new phone OR, as an alternative,  committing to staying longer (TBD 1 year) with koodo. This is a win-win solution to retain Koodo’s frustrated customers and ensure that they will stay longer with Koodo.

I don’t see how Koodo can enforce this kind of commitment without anything in writing, particularly when someone is not purchasing a phone. The Tab Bonus was a way to keep track of this, in case someone wanted to leave before the 2-year period ends and wanted to change carriers. The same cannot be said for a verbal promise made by the user to stay with Koodo for a longer period of time.

I support the concept of allowing current users to gain access to these new promotions. If they are offering it to new customers on a BYOD plan, they should also allow their existing customers to get the same plan without any restrictions. Koodo can encourage users to get a hardware upgrade by providing incentives or bonus credits. Simple as that.

By doing this, Koodo gets to keep their existing users happy and also manage to pull in new customers to join them. Those that could get the plan would eventually stay with Koodo without needing to resort to switch carriers.

@MilkyWay  The frustration with Koodo’s customer service is evident.  @Shin question “I’m wondering if Koodo has a Loyalty department to keep current customers with Koodo” should drive Koodo to assign staff members to resolve customer issues. Koodo should be proactive and take steps to significantly improve its customer service instead of being advertised as the mobile service provider who fights its customers in court. BTW, interesting to see a new user (Joined 30 August 2020)  involved in (at least two) customer relations issues.

@MilkyWay  The frustration with Koodo’s customer service is evident.  @Shin question “I’m wondering if Koodo has a Loyalty department to keep current customers with Koodo” should drive Koodo to assign staff members to resolve customer issues. Koodo should be proactive and take steps to significantly improve its customer service instead of being advertised as the mobile service provider who fights its customers in court. BTW, interesting to see a new user (Joined 30 August 2020)  involved in (at least two) customer relations issues.

I agree with you. I know that Koodo has a loyalty department to deal with these issues, but you have to go through the first line of customer service to be transferred in.

To clarify my point, I believe Koodo doesn't have a way of keeping BYOD users committed to a year without upgrading on a device, other than to put them on a Tab. What I want to see happening is that Koodo should just offer the same promotions as they do for new customers without any commitments. By providing that kind of service, customers will naturally stick with Koodo and maintain their loyalty. No need to jump through hoops and switch to another carrier.

@MilkyWay I agree. If existing customers are offered current promotions there would be no reason for them to switch. By this tactic, I don’t see their subscriber base increasing - why stay and get less when it’s just as easy to port your number and take advantage of such promotions elsewhere. 

I can’t work much because of COVID-19. My bill at the beginning was $45.99 and now $59.89. you guys change my bill over time. Now I can’t work, my hours cut and I have to cut my bills. If Koodo can help I have to find another solution.

You can change to a lower plan on your self serve

Thank you, Dennis

Updated idea statusProposedClosed