Koodo Community

Community

Not planned

Koodo needs to implement unlimited data plans or add-ons

I believe that Koodo needs to implement unlimited data plans or add-ons to it's shop. 
This would attract more customers and create more as well
Instead of having shock-free data isn't it nice to know that you will never get charged for Data again? as soon as you have the plan?
Now is the age of unlimited it's time to upgrade Koodo! let's provide better service to Canadians by offering unlimited 4G LTE high speed data to everyone , I feel that such an implementation is essential to remain competitive on the mobile phone plan market.

55 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I dont know of a Candian cell phone provider that offers unlimited data so im not sure what you mean when you say Koodo needs it to stay competitive. I would love the idea of unlimited data but Koodo doesn't really have the infrastructure for it and like mentioned above, no other canadian providers have started offering this that i know of. If anyone would offer this you would most likely see Telus offer it before Koodo.
Allan wrote:

I dont know of a Candian cell phone provider that offers unlimited data so im not sure what you m...

There are unlimited data providers in Canada, they are quite well known, and as you may have thought just because they speed throttle doesn't mean it's not unlimited you can use as much data as you want whilst In Canada and not be charged
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

I dont know of a Candian cell phone provider that offers unlimited data so im not sure what you m...

MTS provides it but this is only Manitoba wide unlimited data. Same goes with Freedom and Chatr where you have to pay extra rates depending on whether you are "Home" or "Away".

Do you know of any Canadian wide carriers that offer unlimited data?
Allan wrote:

Why would you need Canadian wide. Freedom would work if you live in Ontario isn't that appropriate enough?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

This is my point. There are no canada wide competitors for Koodo to need to compete with and if anyone would start offering it, it would be Telus over Koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

What about me?  Im not in Ontario
Allan wrote:

Freedom Mobile covers Canada Wide, depending on where you live just like Koodo does.
Allan wrote:

But the point is not to point out who has Canada wide unlimited it's to push for someone to do it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Hey I would  love for them to have it.  But it will come at a cost.  it will always come at a cost.

Allan wrote:

Yeah, I mean for now the technology just isn't there Canada doesn't offer enough towers to offer 4G unlimited services.
Allan wrote:

Out of curiousity, if you did have unlimited, how much would you use. 
Allan wrote:

Somewhere around the range of 50GB
Allan wrote:

And how much would you be willing to pay for that.
Allan wrote:

70$ per month
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

Well since the 10GB play is $129, i think unlimited would be more than $70
Allan wrote:

Sasktel offers unlimited data for just over $100 a month and that includes unlimited calling and texting! So don't see why Koodo can't offer the same?!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

SaskTel's unlimited data really only works in Saskatchewan, not in all of Canada. If Koodo did something to compete with SaskTel it would only be a SK competition and not available to all of Canada.
Allan wrote:

Yes , I know . So why should I pay over $129 for only 10gb? Once phones are paid off , I will be switching.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

If you are living in Saskatchewan you have access to the $48/month 5GB of data plan offered by Koodo. This is the plan they offer as competition.
Userlevel 6
Allan wrote:

RE: Allan's comment - Koodo/Fido/Virgin all offer the $48/month plan.
If you reside in Saskatchewan, have home services with Sasktel and would benefit from unlimited data, then Sasktel is likely your best bet.
If you need better promos on phones, Koodo has some awesome activation credits. Granted, Fido and Virgin may promo out a phone by putting it on little or $0 upfront on a lower subsidy tier, but the remaining subsidized amount would still leave the customer with a huge buy-out unless they ride-out (meaning not as awesome as Koodo for early upgrades).
Also, I do believe the unlimited data plan on Sasktel is a multi-product (bundle) offer. I think it requires other residential home services.
Allan wrote:

You can get a cell phone with unlimited data from Sasktel without home services or bundled with anything else. I know people who have iPhone 7 with unlimited data through them. I already checked their plans .
Userlevel 6
Allan wrote:

@Judy Meng: Link: https://www.sasktel.com/store/browse/Personal/Wireless/Rate-plans/_/N-2777
VIP plan:

Only available to customers with maxTV and SaskTel Internet Services.

Unlimited Canada-wide data (speed reduced after 15GB)

This means it requires other services to get their unlimited data plan.

Allan wrote:

My son only has cell phone through them , that's all and has unlimited data! Point is there are plans and companies that have this , so why can't Koodo offer it at same or close to same price?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Allan wrote:

He may be on an old plan or an unadvertised special, who knows. As to why Koodo can't offer it, we really dont have a deffinite answer. SK/MB users do get the $48 plan 5GB that no one else gets. Its just what Koodo has decided is best/do-able for their company and its users.
Userlevel 6
nobody NEEDS unlimited data.  Koodo's plans are based on market research, and that market research has determined that the most data any Canadian needs is 10GB, and customer survey results have determined that $129 is a very fair price to pay to 10GB of data.
Hope that helps!