Koodo Community

Community

Not planned

Koodo customers of 3 years.

Userlevel 1
I think that Koodo should do something for the customers that have been with them for 3 years. Maybe something like wiping the tab and allowing them to trade in there phone with a deal.

46 replies

Userlevel 1
Koodo used to trade old phones up to $50, In 3 years of loyalty, I'm sure Tab should be all paid off, yes you are elligible to new tab plus positive points accumulated - good idea to uppgrade to newer phone
Userlevel 6
MatB wrote:

Koodo used to trade old phones up to $50, In 3 years of loyalty, I'm sure Tab should be all paid ...

@Mat: "In 3 years of loyalty, I'm sure Tab should be all paid off" Not wanting to disagree with you, but for someone on the $25 plan (which is VERY common), it takes 60 months to clear up a $150 tab, which is 5 years. It's very well possible she still has 2 years to go.
Userlevel 4
MatB wrote:

Koodo used to trade old phones up to $50, In 3 years of loyalty, I'm sure Tab should be all paid ...

@Mat: I don't know why you keep saying the trade-in program is expired. Koodo documents and the Help Desk state the program is still alive and well
Userlevel 1
MatB wrote:

I did not say it expired, I said Koodo said it expired on May 16th.
Userlevel 4
MatB wrote:

I was just referencing the times you posted it, my apologies. I don't know why Koodo is saying that. Was it a Kiosk? I looked at the Koodo documentation as well as contacted my help desk. Both confirmed it is still ongoing...can you shed some light as to how you were told?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
MatB wrote:

I think it's the $50 bonus credit on trade ins that expired.
Userlevel 4
MatB wrote:

That would make more sense
or have a credit to the tab the longer you're with them.... like maybe every six months you get X amount. or something.
Loyal customers should be offered greater deal for new phone...
Koodo is always interested on the customer's benefits I believe they will come up with great deals 😃
Userlevel 5
While it isn't an automatic thing I would highly recommend calling customer service and letting them know your case. If you have been with Koodo for 3 years, still have a tab balance and are looking at getting a new phone I would feel fairly safe they would give you Something as far as a tab credit goes. I know they have for many other people. The only thing is that you have to call them to do it.
Userlevel 4
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

While it isn't an automatic thing I would highly recommend calling customer service and letting t...

There is no harm in asking. In most cases, if not all, I do adjust the tab for customers. It helps with customer satisfaction, customer retention, and loyalty. Not all agents are like that but honestly, If you don't owe much after the 3 years, I do not personally see an issue adjusting the tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mark Kokolsky wrote:

While it isn't an automatic thing I would highly recommend calling customer service and letting t...

That sounds unfair to those who BYOD or who choose a higher plan and the tab is paid off sooner on their accounts. This sounds eerily similar to all the deals that Rogers does when people call in to Customer Retention and complain and negotiate a deal
I really hate these kinds of posts. If you think about it people koodo does more for their customers then any other company I have In my 4 years working for koodo seen so many good will credits, tab adjustments, etc given out that I know from experience no other company would do! Not to mention you have the trade in program the tab which unlike some company's koodo matches 10% of the bill towards the tab instead of charging an extra 10%. You are not restricted in chaging your plan at anytime unlike most providers so you can always take advantage of new promos. You have better plans then other providers and koodos customer service is better as they are more willing to help and fix problems then pretty well any other company. I could go on but really I think that its just greed. Not trying to offend or upset anyone here but no other company would do the things I have seen koodo do. They are always coming out with new deals and promos hang tight! and as always if you need a hand just call in!
Badge +4
Ness wrote:

I really hate these kinds of posts. If you think about it people koodo does more for their custom...

Yeah, I really dislike these kinda posts too. I'd have a field day with it. No comment.
Userlevel 6
Ness wrote:

I really hate these kinds of posts. If you think about it people koodo does more for their custom...

@Vanessa: Most of what you posted are very valid points. The sad truth is, however, most customers care about 3 things only: price of the phone, price of the plan and having a hotline to call 24/7 to whine about their littlest problems. Other carriers have got the memo and offer free phones with cleared tabs at the end of 24 months, with an 1-800 number to call in case of emergency. We all know it's a nightmare in the making, but most consumers don't, so they sign up anyway, even without all the other perks [i]we love but [i]they don't care about. And for those already with Koodo, comparing reveals these differences, and we ask about receiving the same deals. It's only human nature. Although I wouldn't mind a couple more perks myself, I'm not going to war anymore about them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ness wrote:

I love Koodo, but come on. Trade-in program? Yes, being able to trade in my $300 (resale market value) phone for $50 is such a plus. 10% the bill towards the tab? Exactly like other "tab" providers. Fido wipes tab after 24 months. No provider has restricted me in choosing what plan I wanted. Koodo's plans are always roughly on par with other Big 3 discount brands and inferior to Wind and Mobilicity. Koodo's customer service has been better for me than Wind or Bell, but not significantly better or worse than Rogers, Fido, or Virgin. But, yes, I'm a satisfied customer.
Userlevel 4
Vote here http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/dedicated_koodo_customers
Userlevel 6
This will be rendered moot come December 2nd anyway, as per the new wireless code: "for indeterminate contracts [Tabs and the like]: The early cancellation fee must not exceed the value of the device subsidy. The early cancellation fee must be reduced by an equal amount each month, over a maximum of 24 months, such that the early cancellation fee is reduced to $0 by the end of the period." I guess this means that come TWO years your Tab will be cleared, but possibly only in the situation that you choose to cancel? I'm not sure how Koodo intends to adhere to these new guidelines yet. And I guess it only counts for customers who sign up after the code is made law. Anyway, I don't get the assumption that Koodo should provide free phones. Being a Koodo customer of close to four years now I still use my old Samsung u410 and am happy with it. The Tab is already a very generous, considering there is no obligation on any wireless povider to provide phones for you to use their service. I don't recall my parents' cable company giving away free TVs or their internet provider subsidizing a computer.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

This will be rendered moot come December 2nd anyway, as per the new wireless code: "for indet...

The tab balance must be zero after 2 years. Not just cleared if you leave.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

This will be rendered moot come December 2nd anyway, as per the new wireless code: "for indet...

Can you point out the line that says this? I remember reading that the penalty for early cancellation must be reduced to zero, but I didn't see anything that they are required to offer a full subsidy again after 24 months.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

Section G, Paragraph 2, Line Ib. "for indeterminate contracts: The early cancellation fee must not exceed the value of the device subsidy. The early cancellation fee must be reduced by an equal amount each month, over a maximum of 24 months, such that the early cancellation fee is reduced to $0 by the end of the period."
Userlevel 6
Curtules wrote:

I can't wait to see how Koodo will react to this one. With the current model, one would need a $62.50 plan to have his/her tab cleared in 24 months. I believe Koodo won't touch the 10% payback rate, so the maximum amount you can get on the Tab will have to be linked to the rate plan you choose. This will shrink the Tab even more, requiring new/renewing customers to pay even more upfront for their device, which of course wil be frowned upon. It's going to get [i]very interesting.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

Device subsidies will be linked to the plan price, like in Europe. The 10% tab payoff as it exists now will be gone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Curtules wrote:

Section G, Paragraph 2, Line Ib refers only to what providers can charge as a cancellation fee, and makes no mention of what they must provide for a subsidy the second time around. e.g. koodo allowed you to put $150 on the tab 2 years ago. $75 has been paid off. You cannot be charged anything as a cancellation fee, but nowhere does it say that they have to forgive the remainder of the tab if you're upgrading, so you still only have $75 available on the tab. A similar policy already exists in Quebec, although it states no cancellation fees after 48 months instead of 24.