Koodo Community

Community

Koodo Community APP

Correct me if I'm wrong but i dont think that there is a Koodo Community app... I think there should be! It would be a great way to get people more involved in the Koodo community and a great way for us contributors to stay connected!! Please consider my Idea!

31 replies

I believe this would be an awesome idea! Not sure how long it'd take to develop though and from what I heard the Koodo Self Serve app itself could use an upgrade. I think they'd have to prioritize and that just wouldn't be as high up there on their list.
I see... I want a Koodo Employee to tell me if it is possible... do you think they will see this?
Userlevel 1
Theo Theo wrote:

I see... I want a Koodo Employee to tell me if it is possible... do you think they will see this?

Only inconvenience is people are going to pay for data when using phone app to participate to Koodo Community
Userlevel 7
I can't speak for Koodo but I did message with GetSatisfaction (the entity that provides the framework for this forum) and they said they were looking to release an app by the end of the fourth quarter , haven't seen any movement but stay tuned I guess.
Userlevel 2
Theo,Koodo Employees definately respond back to questions & answers on this site.
LindaA wrote:

Theo,Koodo Employees definately respond back to questions & answers on this site.

Sometimes they dont comment
Chad Burr wrote:

I can't speak for Koodo but I did message with GetSatisfaction (the entity that provides the fram...

So Koodo is taking this into consideration? or this idea was already in the making previously? and BTW how long did it take you to get to be a mobile master?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
LindaA wrote:

It's coming guys! As Chad mentioned, this is a 3rd party app that we "skinned" Koodo. The folks behind the platform (GetSatisfaction) are planning to launch a mobile version of this. If you have an iphone you were able to do it today. That version is not very great though. The new release for Android and Apple will be hear in the new year. The little we did see so far looks promising!
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

I can't speak for Koodo but I did message with GetSatisfaction (the entity that provides the fram...

As I said I can't say what koodo is planning because I don't know. I do know getsatisfaction was working on an app but that's all I know. The Mobile Master program did not exist when John, Ahmad, and myself were helping people both here and on FB so there's no real time line. Just keep being helpful and educate yourself on koodo plans and phones and you'll get noticed. El. Tabador is watching, I promise.
Userlevel 5
LindaA wrote:

Wow! That's great! Now we can help others easier on your mobile devices. Damn Koodo! You're bringing a lot of things to the table in these past months! (:
Chad Burr wrote:

hahahaha Thanks man!!
LindaA wrote:

Sweet thanks Jeffrey!!!!!
Userlevel 2
LindaA wrote:

Theo: I know of 3 Koodo employees off the top of my head that reply here that don't have employee accounts. I won't name them, if they want to reveal themselves, thats their choice. If you're talking about the Employee accounts on here, they will reply to a thread if it's required. If they feel the community answered a thread sufficiently, then they will leave it alone.
LindaA wrote:

A rep was kind enough to answer.... Thanks!
Userlevel 1
LindaA wrote:

What difference does it make if they have an employee account? There are pretty obvious signs who know more than most of us but I don't they are hiding the fact. Why would they?
LindaA wrote:

This is resolved and I do not understand your comment... Sometimes there are issues that directly concern koodo in which case it would be beneficial to have someone from the inside to direct that person.
Userlevel 7
Actually@Mat Badger I primarily use a mobile device to participate in the community, this means I have to wait for the full webpage to load and pay for the data used to transfer the entire page. It's very slow. The app will speed things up for me and reduce my data consumption at the same time.
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

Actually@Mat Badger I primarily use a mobile device to participate in the community, this...

Agree Chad, but I wouldn't want to leave my PC and use my phone because I do not want to pay extra charges for Data usage, it's too early for that, because Koodo is far away from implementing that app for the moment, It took longtime before selfserve is implemented
Userlevel 6
Chad Burr wrote:

Actually@Mat Badger I primarily use a mobile device to participate in the community, this...

Jeffrey said the app is coming in the new year. So, not that long at all.
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

then I'll get Data with Koodo and login to it to participate..
Chad Burr wrote:

Interesting. Thanks all, for the input!
Userlevel 1
Bumping this old thread... Do we have any news on how far along in the works this app is?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mo D. wrote:

Bumping this old thread... Do we have any news on how far along in the works this app is?

Well, we talked to GetSatisfaction and they are not quite ready yet. The best they could tell us is soon. May not be the answer anyone of us wanted to hear, but it looks like we'll have to be a little patient for a little longer.
Userlevel 1
Mo D. wrote:

"Soon" is better than "Never". I have some work in the industry and I understand the plethora of issues involved in creating a mobile version of a site. Thanks, Jeff
Would be great to allow functionality to the community to use Tapatalk forum app for the community. Great app, and it's be easier to work with