I'm pretty frustrated with Koodo at this point guys..
I moved over from Rogers 2 years ago. No regrets there. At the time, Koodo, Virgin, and Fido were pretty equivalent in terms of prices and services. Now, however, this is no longer the case. Koodo has not made a single improvement or introduced a single new feature over the past 2 years at least. On the other hand, both Fido and Virgin have been working hard to improve their customer experience with services such as:
1. Easy roaming packages (roam sweet roam and the such) as opposed to Koodo's archaic roaming packages. Using a Koodo phone outside N America is impossible with their joke of a package (50MB for $40), whereas the other 2 providers give reasonable options. Yes it's cheaper to buy a local SIM overseas, but some of us don't want to switch SIMs and need to keep our local number turned on. I understand Koodo is rumoured to be introducing a similar offering soon, but that's over a year late!
2. Fido Bytes - 5 hours of unlimited LTE a month
3. Free spotify premium for 6 months with Fido - worth $60
4. Virgin Mobile member discounts at multiple stores
5. Mobile phone apps! Koodo got lazy and removed their phone apps recently! Unheard of. Yes you can do all the same stuff by visiting their website on mobile, but an app is much easier and we didn't need to constantly log in. No other carrier would withdraw support for their apps!
Not to mention the old-fashioned unattractive website which hasn't been improved in ages, and their recent loss of the J.D. Power Canadian Wireless Customer Care award to Virgin, which Koodo used to flaunt at us all the time.
Why are we paying the same rates as Virgin and Fido for less? Can anyone justify this? I'm giving Koodo till September to introduce a proper roaming package as promised, but otherwise bailing to one of the other 2. Not happy to do so, but I work hard for my money and can't justify getting less for it.