Koodo Community
Not planned

koodo

when going have unlimted data on prepaid

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I wouldnt expect them to have it for awhile. No plans in the making for this at the very least.
Ok it will be good states unlimted data
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
True. The US also has much cheaper plans and arguably a better infrastructure to support it.
Koodo prepaid unlimted data usa calling too
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I’ve never seen unlimited data on US prepaid.
States has it
Striaght talk has it look it up
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Straight Talk’s unlimited data is at 2G speeds, useful for texts and small emails only. It is using a legacy network the US has not yet dropped. Rogers is the only Canadian carrier who ever had a 2G network.

I’d not consider 2G as useful data today, as our expectations far exceed its capability.
I like koodo better
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you want a estimate on costs Telus currently offers an 80GB plan for $350/month. Canada isn't ready for unlimited data yet.
No i dont like telus
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No i dont like telus
Koodo is owned by Telus.

My point being was that if any carrier (Koodo included) brought along unlimited data, it would be super expensive and the market for it wouldn't be there.
Ok thank
Userlevel 2
New Koodo Postpaid Line = 10 days unlimited data
How do you gwt unlimed data
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How do you gwt unlimed data
When you sign up for a new postpaid line you can use data for the first 10 days without being charged for it. There is no monthly unlimited data plan with Koodo though.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

True. The US also has much cheaper plans and arguably a better infrastructure to support it.

In my experience, much of the infrastructure in the USA lags Canada. Data speeds are definitely slower in many locations.
Yup
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In my experience, much of the infrastructure in the USA lags Canada. Data speeds are definitely slower in many locations.

In terms of speed I could agree. I believe that the US can support the bandwidth better/still have the 2G network to fall back on for those "unlimited" data plans though
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The US providers have lots of legacy 2G and 3G room which doesn't cost them anything really as that was amortized years ago. So give the suckers "unlimited" , but most at 2G speeds.

Plus, the competition stateside is a little less old-boys-club. Think Trump vs Trudeau.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
We have 1/9th the population, and far more than 1/9th the spectrum. It could be readily handled although I doubt that'll ever happen before a fully fleshed out 5G network is completed here. And even then, I'm not so sure that the big 3 would take the plunge and with Freedom already positioning itself to be only slightly cheaper than the Big 3, I don't see the market pressure to make it happen.

For example, T-Mobile offers unlimited data. If local congestion clogs up bandwidth, people who went over 50GB get throttled. They also prioritize phone data usage over tethering/hotspot. I'd be fine with something like that. But again, don't expect it to happen.
Userlevel 2
Year 2019, TELUS offers 940 Mbps Fibre internet in AB/BC, but with a 1TB monthly usage limit! Most of Bell, Rogers, and Shaw's internet packages have unlimited data. If any company offers unlimited mobile data plans in Canada, TELUS will be the last. They like money way more than all the other telecom companies do. You know the word for it. They also take too long to implement new technologies because it costs money. The future might be friendly, but with TELUS, that future will never come.