Koodo Community
Implemented

Increase the Tab

• 2 November 2012
  • 65 replies

Show first post

65 replies

Userlevel 4
I think it should be increased from the 10% of your monthly bill... I got Koodo so my bill would ...^^ STAR ^^
I think it should be increased from the 10% of your monthly bill... I got Koodo so my bill would ...Maybe an option to apply money directly to the tab as well as koodo kicking in the 10%...
I agree! We need a larger tab! I have had my phone for almost 2 years. I need a new one and my tab still has a negative balance. The only thing that would be better than a larger tab is a better pay back rate. 10% is soo low and I am feeling trapped by my situation. I either put money out for a phone or I give up koodo to get a free phone else where.
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 years, with good account status (i.e. regular payment history).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...The tab actually excludes them from having to change anything about the way they currently operate. The tab has no fixed term and the buy out is never more than 150$. And there are no cancellation fees.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...damn you beat me to it Chad, exactly what I was going to say man.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...Virtual high five
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...Nice lol 🙂
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...Probably not re read that CRTC regulations
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...This is what's gonna happen folks, Customer says "Well Bell, Telus, and Rogers pay for my phone within 2 years why can't Koodo?" in order to stay competitive, pay off the tab within two years Koodo
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...You need to take a closer look. It says: This new policy applies to customers who have entered into terms of any length, including those longer than the aforementioned two-year period. While it’s not certain yet how carriers will deal with the disparity of allowing contract holders to leave without penalty before their terms have expired, the CRTC has set about enforcing a maximum early cancellation fee that cannot exceed the amount of the phone subsidy itself, and must be payable over a two-year period. That means that after two years, if the phone balance hasn’t been paid off, customers will need to merely pay off the remaining amount of the device and be able to leave the provider without penalty. The last line says it all. You will have to pay off the balance of your device. it dose not have to be wiped by your carrier.
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...I don't know where you got that quote from, but you're right I needed to look further into it. so i did: "b.for indeterminate contracts: The early cancellation fee must not exceed the value of the device subsidy. The early cancellation fee must be reduced by an equal amount each month, over a maximum of 24 months, such that the early cancellation fee is reduced to $0 by the end of the period." From the CRTC - http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/info_sht/t14.htm The last line says it all here... Will this apply to Koodo? No, but it could turn into a competitive advantage in the marketplace
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...There will not be a "Penalty" Just pay out the balance of the subsidy you received, and this Administrative Disconnection Fee, ( Neither of which are "penalties") and you are free to go. It doesn't matter what company you are with, there are NO FREE PHONES. You PAY for it, in FULL.
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...Well folks im gonna do it about 2 weeks early and say "I TOLD YOU SO"... Stay tuned for Koodo changes mid July, to comply with the CRTC.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...The new rules set by the CRTC don't happens till December, so what are you talking about?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...And i thought they were non binding.
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...The CRTC regulations deadline is december 2nd, so by that date each company will have to follow them. Koodo will be the first by leading the changes. I don't have anymore details. Look for a drastic revamp mid July
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...What is your source, joshlitz? If you are working for Koodo, I'd say it might be more ethical to wait for them to announce their own goodies... If you got a different source, changes are it is unreliable and you might not want to misquote.... All that said, I'm still hoping your are right because drastic revamps sound good, as long as they are in the customer's interest 😃
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...Please let us know your source Josh, you have me very curious now as last I heard (which was yesterday) the phone companies are fighting these new CRTC rules and thus I can't see any company rushing into making changes if they are appealing the ruling. So what's your source?
Userlevel 2
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...I would suggest not giving out your source, nothing good will come of it imo. If this really is 'insider' information, you don't want to burn bridges and risk that person getting in trouble, or ruining your relationship with them. I'm sure you already know this. Cool share, let's see if it plays out.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...Obviously not if it's from Koodo directly, that's not what I meant.
Userlevel 2
Maybe with the new CRTC regulations Koodo can have the tab guaranteed to be paid of within 2 year...Well I would assume it would have to be? If it was public surely you would know about it.....no? lol
I agree with the increase in tab but only by a little. Probably only t0 $200 or $250 and giving customers others was other then just refer a friend, on taking points off the tab. Really $250 for the tabb seems to be streaching it. But if we increase by at lease $50 it would make a difference on the larger phones like the samsung Galaxy S4 and Z10 or Iphone 5. I have seen people walk or go for a lower phone because of less money then that.
Userlevel 5
As many people have said there are pros and cons to an increased negative tab. Besides the long time to pay it back, think about if someone decided to leave. They would still be paying contact like cancellation fees if you have a $500 tab. But with that said I do agree that maybe 200-250 would be a good balance. When Koodo launched 150 worked perfect since the phones were all more basic. But now, 5 years later, the lineup is nearly all smart phones with several of those being high end models like the S4 and iPhone 5. So I think it makes sense to look at the model and see if it needs a tweak.
Userlevel 6
OMG the thread is now tagged "under consideration"