Koodo Community

Community

Planned

IMEI compatibility check evaluation


Userlevel 7
Badge +4

17 replies

Userlevel 1
I agree. The IMEI remains a source of futile misery, not only in what Ivan wrote, but also in self serve activation, which promoted me, as a customer to telephone Koodo for help, because self serve did not recognize Koodos own phone.
It's been working like that from the very start. It's not accurate at all and the above example proves it. An idea to take it's place is to list the radio frequencies that Koodo uses, then have a mobile checker so the IMEI can be put in and the radio frequencies it uses are displayed, so then it's clear that a phone can or can't be used with Koodo.
Userlevel 6
When I checked my unlocked phone (originally from Rogers) the checker said the device could not be found, even though I knew it supported the frequencies that Koodo uses. Now that I am a customer it says "Your device should work on our Network" and even identifies the model number correctly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to check compatibility at all more than half the time.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to ...

Then things are even worse than I originally thought, lol.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to ...

Kind of depends whether you consider no answer worse than a wrong answer. 🙂
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to ...

No warning is better than a False warning, like a Fake fire alarm on a -50'C day. Another example, A speed limit of 110 to "protect" consumers/drivers/pedestrian in a school zone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to ...

You're saying you'd rather die in a fire than exit a building because it MIGHT be burning down?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to ...

Tim, i would rather fix my fire alarm mechanism which gives false alarms.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to ...

Fiz, your entire argument is built around the assumption that Koodo falsely flagged your account as fraudulent. Do you have proof that the person who sold you the phone did not commit fraud?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to ...

I didn't say account... Mr Cola, Its IMEI. Let me be clear .. IMEI= blocked by koodo= not by others.= koodo technical issue.= koodo says they cant solve the error in their system. Account = Good!= No issues = i have other phones too On that account all working fine. I am using another phone with the SIM that was in the flagged phone = all bills paid = no problem = Account has nothing to do with it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to ...

He says, picking upon one word while totally ignoring the question. Fiz, your entire argument is built around the assumption that Koodo falsely flagged your phone as fraudulent. Do you have proof that the person who sold you the phone did not commit fraud?
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to ...

Fraud or cheat? With who? His wife? Thats not the point. Koodo blocks IMEI. Koodo says its not our phone, its virgin's. Virgin says its not theirs. CWTA says the IMEI is not blocked, but koodo says it is. Only Koodo. How can i be more clear? Stop diverting topic. It is highly advised for some people to take ADHD medication.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to ...

It's also highly advisable to attack people who are trying to help you. If you have proof that your phone is NOT blacklisted on the national database, Koodo should then remove this restriction. Call in, ask to speak to someone higher up. Do not be confrontational. I understand how frustrating this is for you. Keep this in mind when arguing your case: 1. Koodo has no access to Virgin's internal blacklist. 2. If the phone is blacklisted by Virgin, they in turn inform the CWTA, who then in turn flags the IMEI on their national database, to which Koodo has access. 3. Virgin is therefore irrelevant to your argument. You should focus on the national blacklist. 4. The only way that Koodo may have something blacklisted without it appearing on the national list is if its reported lost/stolen by a Koodo customer. It will eventually appear on the national list, but not immediately. Ask if it was reported stolen by a Koodo customer. 5. If it wasn't stolen from a Koodo customer and it does not appear on the national list, then Koodo has no case to prevent you from using this device. 6. There are plenty of people that attempt to scam which does hurt the rest of us. With enough patience you should be able to resolve this.
Userlevel 4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

In my experience, since they updated the tool to check phones against the blacklist, it fails to ...

Just because I can... "Fraud or cheat? With who? His wife? Thats not the point." Actually, FRAUD is the point... "It is highly advised for some people to take ADHD medication." As Ivan stated, attacking people is unwuse. Now we [b]really want to help...
Koodos IMEI filter blacklisted my phone which is NOT on the blacklist database. Read here to get more info : http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/nexus_5_no_service
That IMEI compatibility+blacklist checker is useless. It was made to be a tool to protect consumers from having their phone stolen, because the thief would know that the phone would be useless. But in reality, the stolen phone gets sold to someone who checks the database, and at that moment of time, the database says "your phone is not stolen"... The buyer uses the phone in good faith for 3 months and THEN the phone gets blacklisted. Hence, no one will ever re-use phones by buying it second hand, more phones end up in the landfill, more people left with no other option, other than to buy phones from carriers, and carriers make more money. The lost phone was never to be found, data in the Lost phone Never to be deleted, thieves ALWAYS rewarded, but concious buyers always put under the guillotine. This is Western civilization, where lobbyist (from Carriers) buys lawmakers or organisations (in this case, CWTA), who make laws to rip the poor and second class citizen; and the rich and thieves keep getting richer. Quote from CWTA, http://cwta.ca/blog/2013/09/30/canada... "“Canadians are among the world’s fastest adopters and heaviest users of sophisticated smartphones,” said CWTA President & CEO Bernard Lord. “Not only will this national blacklist help to make their smartphones a less valuable target for criminals, but the industry has also taken steps to help Canadian consumers identify if a pre-owned device has previously been reported as lost or stolen.” "

Reply