Koodo Community
Proposed

Idea: Wait until you've created the label before actually sending the tracking number to your customers

Userlevel 1
Just an idea.

You shouldn't send emails to us saying that you sent our package when in fact you didn't.

I had to wait 30 hours until the tracking number you gave me decide to work. I received an email Sunday saying you had shipped my order, with a tracking number, but you created the UPS label 30 hours later (tonight at 20h25EST). WTH?

Yeah... So... Just for next time... Don't send those email so quickly. According to your warning banner, I was already expecting label creation on today or even Tuesday, but the mail you sent Sunday stated that I was lucky with a quicker handling time, which wasn't true.

Please, clarify your internal processes so such thing doesn't happen anymore.

6 replies

Badge +4
Sounds like a very good idea.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The tracking number is generated when the shipping label is created. That means it is not possible for the number to be sent out before the label is created. The fact that it takes about a day for a new package to show up in UPS's tracking system is not Koodo's fault.
Userlevel 1
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

The tracking number is generated when the shipping label is created. That means it is not possible for the number to be sent out before the label is created. The fact that it takes about a day for a new package to show up in UPS's tracking system is not Koodo's fault.

Oh... For real? Sorry then...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It can be even worse with Canada Post. I had a package from another supplier shipped from suburban Toronto to rural Quebec this past summer, well outside any strike problems. It arrived in 2 business days, and all the parcel tracking would say was that the label had been created, though obviously the package would have been scanned at the point of origin, major transfer points and the local delivery office.

Delivery service was super, but tracking left a lot to be desired.
Badge +4
Koodo sending out an email that an order has shipped when it hasn't is definitely something that shouldn't happen.
Userlevel 1
Mats wrote:

Koodo sending out an email that an order has shipped when it hasn't is definitely something that shouldn't happen.

Yeah... That is what I thought. Obviously the package haven't been picked yet.

It is true that tracking is sometime wrong with some carriers.