Koodo Community

Community

Not planned

Free Military calling - To and From loved ones serving overseas

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Interesting idea. There's ways to get free calling though if Koodo doesn't offer it. One I make use of is an App called "TextPlus" (available for Android & iPhone) - it allows you to text & call each other for free around the world. Just keep in mind it uses Data (calls are about 1MB/minute) so it's best to use it when on Wi-Fi.
John Burke wrote:

Interesting idea. There's ways to get free calling though if Koodo doesn't offer it. One I ma...

I didn't know about this! That's awesome! Thanks 🙂
Userlevel 1
John Burke wrote:

Interesting idea. There's ways to get free calling though if Koodo doesn't offer it. One I ma...

Thanks for sharing this with us John 🙂
Military already offers ways of calling their families when they are overseas. I don't see why Koodo should offer something extra like this. Just seems like it would be a lot of extra hoops.
Cast wrote:

Military already offers ways of calling their families when they are overseas. I don't see why Ko...

Do they arrange for it to be free for their families as well?
I love this idea!
Userlevel 5
Interesting idea, but I don't really see it coming to Koodo. But who knows?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
As many Military ppl my wife knows say, "As military ppl we make plenty of money to pay for these things that company's make cheaper or free & don't think we should get any special deals because we already make more money than most ppl so why should we get deals on top of that." I was surprised to hear this from military ppl but I have to agree with them and I admire those who serve their country because they love their country & don't expect anything from it but a sense of pride & accomplishment, those are the true heros.