Koodo Community

eSim card needs to be an option on new accounts

I just switched to Koodo on one of the new promotion plans. I was surprised how seamless it was to port my number from one the Big 3, and it was all done (mostly) online and pretty convenient. However one thing I noticed was lack of eSim options, as well as info around eSim. My phone supports eSim and I used it at my last carrier. When I was creating my account and port# request, I never had an option to try and request an eSim instead of a regular Sim. So I had to spend the $5 on a sim card, when I’d prefer to use eSim. Not only that, I learned later that you can only get eSim’s from instore - which costs $10. And lastly, it took 3 days for my sim card to arrive. That’s not bad shipping time, but still.

For a brand that is pushing mostly online activations, wouldn’t it make a lot of sense to have eSim’s available online and as part of new account creations? I wouldn’t even care about the $5 sim card charge if it meant I could pick an eSim option, and have a QR code emailed to me with a few hours and then begin account activation or number transfer. That would be so great! Not to mention it would save on printing on plastic and mail costs too.

Hopefully this is a feature that will come to Koodo in the future. 

Updated idea statusProposedHold for future consideration