Koodo Community
Proposed

Enable VoLTE on Essential PH-1

• 27 April 2019
  • 11 replies

I bought my Essential PH-1 from Koodo (Telus). It's a Koodo phone. Add it to your list of VoLTE devices! It's been long enough... I can plug it into my Freedom Mobile SIM and VoLTE works out of the box... Why is Koodo so slow with all these updates? I see u limit it to a number of Devices... while Essential PH-1 is again one of your phones that you sold. Add it to your VoLTE list please.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Seeing that the Essential PH-1 has been discontinued I wouldnt havent too high of a hope.
Badge +4
I have a PH-1 so I'll vote for it. I doubt it will happen for this phone though.
Seeing that the Essential PH-1 has been discontinued I wouldnt havent too high of a hope.
Yea it's discontinued. However its still one of the most updated phones, given it has Android P, and one of the few which is scheduled to get Android Q.
Also even Koodo still has it on their Update Schedule every month, getting security updates sometimes before the Google devices (with a 10 day delay on Koodo, cuz they still manually check and confirm the Essential update themselves...).
So not too dead on Koodo yet. If it was truly dead with Koodo, they would just allow the security updates to go through with 0 check. We can only hope that happens soon!

https://community.koodomobile.com/articles-by-koodo-232899/software-update-schedule-7790542
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would like to see koodo allow it for any phones that support VOLTE. No reason to restrict this feature
I'm running Android 10 Beta 5 and I'm now able to turn it on but nothing happens and calls over wifi don't work. According to Koodo's Wifi calling guide, It's supposed to ask for a 6 digit passcode. No code was asked for also no idea where to get this code from...
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
When i enabled wifi calling it asked for a code that was texted to me.
Hmmm interesting. Was it immediately after turning it on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hmmm interesting. Was it immediately after turning it on?
Yes
Sup
They told me that because I didn't buy my phone through Koodo this feature will not be enabled.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can try to enter your sim in to a koodo phone that allows WiFi calling and enable it on your account and then try it on your phone.
Not sure if this will work though