Koodo Community
Under consideration

Either upgrade Koodo Assist to what Apple Support is or get rid of it because it has not solved one problem just wasting my time

I have used Koodo Assist many times and it sucks, it's worse then having an accent and trying to use Siri. I mean I understand Koodo/Telus is trying to save money but Koodo's customer service use to be the best out of the cell phone companies when I first changed over from Fido but now it has gotten truly dreadful with this horrendus excuse for AI chatbot that can not answer too many questions and then after wasting at least 5-10 minutes with Koodo Assist you then have to wait to get a phone call back from an actual CSR.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@jt66 Thanks for the feedback! What exactly were your trying to find out using our virtual assistant? The more you share about your experience the better we can determine what specifically needs to improve. If you have a screenshot of the question you asked and the response you got pls share here if you don't mind. And what specific about Apple's Support approach is that you do like?
Apple’s support chat bot where you can ask detailed questions about anything from hardware problems to making a Genius Bar appointment. While I try to ask a question about how to fix my visual voicemail and all tells me is how to order it online and other times I was trying to figure out when I needed to pay off my tab and then how to fix a problem with reception and all Koodo assist does is give me answers that I am not looking for and then waste my time by having to wait for a CSR to call me back instead of just waiting a few minutes to talk to an actual person and that use to be a commercial that Koodo had where you get to talk to an actual person while not like the other carriers. If Koodo’s customer service keeps sliding I will have to look for another carrier.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@jt66 I see. Ok, Apple only has live chat for now. And Siri is unable to answer anything regarding your Koodo account or phone. We did work with Google/Amazon so Google Assist or Amazon’s Alexa can be quite helpful.

Why did we do this? Well, unfortunately it’s true nowadays that calling a bank, an insurance company, cable firms or mobile providers, typically there is a long wait on hold that can be anywhere from 30-90 minutes. We thought it would be much easier not to waste customers time on hold and simply let them get the answer using our virtual assistant. In the event Koodo Assit can’t answer indeed one can schedule a call back. Either way, we save people time. And it seem most customers like this approach, but I admit the work must continue to improve our assistant’s ability to understand what people are asking. Based on the instruction we provide people about 85% recognition rate is where we are at. Hope this gives some insight!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can also ask your question on the community and we can help answer or point you in the right direction at the very least