Koodo Community

Community

Implemented

An idea to better serve your customers and end frustration

Is there any good reason why when you call Koodo you have to go through a ten step process to find out they are closed? Wouldn't it make more sense to say we appreciate your business but please call back at such and such a time??

13 replies

Userlevel 6
That makes absolute sense! What time did you call though?
Userlevel 4
If you called after hours, that would be why Hours of Operation •Monday – Friday: 10am - 9pm •Saturday: 9am - 7pm •Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

If you called after hours, that would be why Hours of Operation •Monday – Friday: 10am - 9p...

So I asked this before, but what time zone are these hours for? I remember I was told local time, but how would that work? What if I had an Alberta number calling from an airport in Newfoundland and it was 9pm there and Alberta was 630pm? Does that mean I would get an operator if I flew back within 2.5 hours but I wouldnt get anyone if I was to stay in Newfoundland? What if I was calling from Hawaii? Sorry I'm just trying to understand how the system works
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

If you called after hours, that would be why Hours of Operation •Monday – Friday: 10am - 9p...

I hereby summon the power of the Timo!
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Dennis, you should post that as an idea, hint hint nudge nudge
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

It could be an idea. But I think until I understand it, it's more a question for right now. Usually companies say that their hours are Eastern or Pacific. But Koodo doesnt and I remember someone saying it was Local. I dont know why I didnt question it then
Userlevel 7
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

From what I was just told, YOU. Should post this
Userlevel 4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

They are all time zones, based on all provincial time zones
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

This is how it's broken down in our systems for customer care: QC, ON, MB, SK, AB, BC: Mon-Fri: 9am - 9pm local time Sat: 9am - 7pm local time Sun: 9pm - 7pm local time Atlantic: Mon-Fri: 9am - 9pm Sat: 10am - 8pm Sun: 10am - 8pm I believe the system uses the number you're calling from to determine which province you're in but I have NO visibility in to the inner workings of the IVR, so don't quote me on that.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Ok I'll post it as an Idea! EDIT... oops just missed seeing your comment Timo. Well I think the idea post might still be valid to clarify on the website
Userlevel 5
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

@Dennis, I agree with you. I'll take it back to the larger team this week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

Thanks Sumaya!
Userlevel 6
Just a quick clarification, did you call after the hours of operation? Or was it during a system maintenance? If it's the latter Koodo's not technically closed but the reps can only answer general questions.