Koodo Community

Allow users to upload their own audio file for a custom greeting

It would be useful if users could upload an MP3 or WAV file for their custom greeting. Currently I have to play it through a different device and record it through my phone’s microphone. This causes the quality to drop immensely. 

Updated idea statusProposedHold for future consideration

Updated idea statusHold for future considerationProposed

When are you going to activate This?

If you add the $5 call forwarding feature to your account, you can set your conditional call forwards to YouMail, and use them for voicemail service going forward. Even with a free account, you can upload your own custom greeting as a WAV or MP3.

If you have Koodo prepaid, call forwarding is included for no extra charge.

If you add the $5 call forwarding feature to your account, you can set your conditional call forwards to YouMail, and use them for voicemail service going forward. Even with a free account, you can upload your own custom greeting as a WAV or MP3.

If you have Koodo prepaid, call forwarding is included for no extra charge.

The problem with this is that voicemails are quite possibily filled with personal information.  Offloading that information to a 3rd party is a dangerous scenario as you don’t know whether or not they have a flaw in their system that let’s people access potentially cricial information.

It all comes down to who you trust and to be honest, Carriers should have this ability by now.  Also, the ability to forward voicemails as mp3/wav files to e-mail addresses.  The forwarding part to an e-mail still has the possibility I outlined above, but it’s one less vulnerable point versus two.

Yes, please!  I got a professionally recorded voice mail greeting for my business, but having to record it through from my laptop speaker to my cellphone microphone is horrible.  The sound quality is so bad.  The ability to upload an audio file would be so much more professional.

Updated idea statusHold for future considerationProposed

What does this mean?  It’s no longer being considered?