Koodo Community

Community

Not planned

airtime usage

koodo rely needs to  notify folks of overuse of airtime and stop taking advantage of people, this is criminal. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Thanks for the suggestion Andrew! This is not something we currently have in our plans for a number of reason. Number 1 is really the biggest driver. There is seemingly very, I mean extremely low demand for this kind of service. That may explain why no cellphone provider offers this feature. Minute use can easily be tracked on the web or using the Koodo app and we see massive adoption for it. Another possible reason for low demand is people who still use lots of minutes can easily sign up for unlimited plans therefore tracking becomes a non-issue. 
I have unlimited Canada and unlimited long distance to the U.S. but I still get charged airtime. Is this different and apart from long distance?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Geoffrey King wrote:

I have unlimited Canada and unlimited long distance to the U.S. but I still get charged airtime....

If you login to your account through Self-serve, you can download a detailed PDF of you bill which outlines all the charges, adjustments, data use, and calls made to and from your phone. That document should clearly outline what charges are for. If you are being charged for airtime when you make calls to locations covered by your plan, you should contact Koodo for resolution.
Geoffrey King wrote:

I have unlimited Canada and unlimited long distance to the U.S. but I still get charged airtime....

Thank you. I will have to contact kodoo. T
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Geoffrey King wrote:

No need to call Geoffrey, there is a simple explanation  to your question. If you look at the call details of your bill you will see the charges stem from calls to the US on Nov 11 and 12 before you added the US unlimited feature to your account (Nov 19th) and also before you changed plans to one with unlimited minutes.
Geoffrey King wrote:

Ok, thanks.
Geoffrey King wrote:

I just got my newest bill and it's straight forward now. Thanks for your help!