Koodo Community

Community

Implemented

3 years is to long for an upgrade with an iphone.

Love to have the latest and newest product. But limited to upgrade or have a tab with iphone.

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Melissa, I'm just curious....you knew you were signing up for a 3 year deal. Is it only a recent thing that you question whether that was the right call? Anyone can have the latest and greatest but it costs money upfront. 🙂
Userlevel 5
RudyW wrote:

Melissa, I'm just curious....you knew you were signing up for a 3 year deal. Is it only a recent ...

I do not understand why people sign 3 year contracts with the iPhone.... The whole point of Koodo is to not have contracts.....
RudyW wrote:

Melissa, I'm just curious....you knew you were signing up for a 3 year deal. Is it only a recent ...

Preference. Some people love their Iphones so they are willing to go on a 3 yr contract to reduce the cost of the Iphone. To answer Melissa's post, the 3 yr contract is the agreement Koodo has to carry the Iphone. If you want to come off the contract, you can change your rate plan, just be aware of the remaining cost of the contract that will go onto your bill. Changing your phone will also cause the cancelation of the contract. Because of the contract and how it works, the tab is not available.
RudyW wrote:

In theory she can purchase an unlocked iphone and just carry on with the same contract, no? Guessing the fact that she's on a contract she probably can't afford to purchase an new Iphone out right, so probably not much help.
RudyW wrote:

No, she can only be on the 3 yr contract with a Koodo Iphone. If she switches to another Iphone, that counts as a cancelation of the contract.
RudyW wrote:

Really? Does it say that in the TOS somewhere? I switch my phones like 3 times a year and it never affected my plan as if it were a cancellation?
Userlevel 1
RudyW wrote:

Koodo does not like call his 3 years term a "contract" because customer does not sign any paper contract , other companies like Rogers, Bell so forth are also using samething, customer knows that he is bound to stay 3 years with his provider and if he does the contrary he will be reposnsible in paying the remaining cost of his Iphone in case he cancels his service before the 3 years term expiry date.
RudyW wrote:

Actually, customers do. It's not a "fixed term" contract. It's still a contract(an agreement between 2 parties, moneies paid for services rendered) and it still has to be signed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
RudyW wrote:

you can change the phone any time you want, no penalty even if you are on a 3 yr contract. the penalty is only applied if you change off the contract plan.
Userlevel 5
RudyW wrote:

I thought it was like how Timo explained. You can change your phone or whatever but you are stuck with that specific iPhone plan until 3 years is over/you cancel... or am I incorrect?
Userlevel 1
You can change your phone as much as you want, it won't affect your 3 year term. The 3 year term is put in place because the iPhone originally purchased from Koodo was discounted in exchange for staying on an iPhone plan for 3 years. If you don't want your iPhone plan anymore (maybe you lost the iPhone and you want to purchase an Android), you still haven't paid for the full cost of the iPhone. There are no cancellation penalties, you just pay the remaining cost of the iPhone. Best way to avoid all of this is to pay for the iPhone on tab or full price, by doing this you can customize your own plan! Hope that helps 🙂